New to the site!

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

bhawk05
Scoobytruck Lurker

New to the site!

Post by bhawk05 »

Hey all,

New to the site (referred by Killer B.) I've owned a 2005 Baja Turbo AT since last August, and have been loving it. My third Subi, have always owned Imprezas, (still own '07 Imp, Spec. ED.) I am interested in several mods, and can't wait to get started. Based out of Washington state with about 67k miles on it, second owner. My current want list: bed cover, different head lights, tow hitch, new rims, and now after browsing this site, better interior color, new front seats (hate the leather cloth combo), and several things under the hood. I used to be part of a group for STI's that would have meets and organized drives, is there something like that here in the PNW?

-bhawk05

ps- GO HAWKS!
bhawk05
Scoobytruck Lurker

Re: New to the site!

Post by bhawk05 »

oops, forgot to actually post the picture of it!
Attachments
baja1.jpg
baja1.jpg (172.82 KiB) Viewed 4299 times
Killer B
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Killer B »

Haha you joined! Sweet!

I first saw your Baja on Mother's day when I drove to my dad's house. My dad's house is practically across the street from where you live. It's really cool having more Baja owners around here.

Yours looks like it's very well taken care of! 67k miles is decent. I nearly got the exact same model and color as yours (turbo too) off of Craigslist in January of 2014. I had the money ready and was on my way with my mom to pick it up but the guy called back and told me his wife already sold it. We were just 20 minute away. It was devastating at the time but a week later I was able to bring home my Yellow from Beaverton, Oregon. Yellow was my first color choice so I'm very happy it worked out that way in the end.

I don't have any performance mods done but I put in a budget stereo system with an under seat sub woofer and an aftermarket usb compatible head unit. Only one speaker was working when I bought it so I replaced the fronts and also added some tweeters.

Mine really needs a wash. The pollen around here makes it get dirty after only a few days.

Anyway, welcome to the forums and I'm sure we will be seeing each other driving around!
bhawk05
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by bhawk05 »

It was funny, I did not see your note until I got to Wal-Mart this morning. Luckily I have "people" who enjoy washing my car for me. (I couldn't care less if it is dirty, it is a Subaru after all...) I did look at a yellow one before finding this one. It was well taken care of, minus the previous owner was a cigarette smoker, so there is a little staining and a couple burn holes in the carpet, so I know I will be re-doing the interior at some point. I have updated the stereo, (stock speakers), tinted the windows, and that's about it for now. I have not had a chance to take it anywhere yet, but I can't wait to do so. :)
Killer B
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Killer B »

I'm glad the note didn't blow off the windshield! :)

With the older years (like the yellows) you really have to get a good maintenance history because of the head gasket issue. I needed to get mine done (as well as the timing belt and other included replacements) right after I got mine, but now everything's in working order.

I'm glad you were able to find one with such low miles and so well taken care of (aside from the cigarette burn holes)

My interior has a few spill stains from the previous owner. When I took the car home there was also a bunch of glitter from something all over the left back seat and floor. To this day there are still some stubborn glitter particles that haven't come up in the vacuum.
bajaguy
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bajaguy »

Welcome!
mikenmel08
Scoobytruck Master

Post by mikenmel08 »

AWESOME...Good job killerB......Welcome to the Baja Family Bhawk05