options (items) the baja didn't have but should of

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

trbajalv
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by trbajalv »

Here is my wish list: - How about a bull bar/center grill guard. I think the Baja will look alot better with one of those on. - Or a 5th gear to go with their optional Sport Shifter. - A hood scoop like the WRX/STI and the Forester. - And yes, a 5th seat would be nice, instead of that cup holder.
yellowblaze
Scoobytruck Master

Post by yellowblaze »

phillybaja wrote:don't some of the aftermarket hard covers lock the tailgate? ARE caps or snuglid come to mind.

personally, i want a fastback soft top like this bronco fastback.
[smilie=holyshit.gif] They stole our top design!!!

(this is our truck that we traded on the Baja, we had the truck for 4 years, the original owner had the top made at a shop locally, 100% custom) Damn, now I'm pissed..I wanna know who copied who!

Oh,and they lie-it leaks like MAD CRAZY around the window and at the top when it rains! At least ours did-and the design is the same-even the snap placements are the same :evil:
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

Its a neat idea though. Almost like a cheap camper top. It only needs side windows in it. [smilie=hammerit.gif] Mike
phillybaja
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by phillybaja »

yellowblaze wrote: They stole our top design!!!

(this is our truck that we traded on the Baja, we had the truck for 4 years, the original owner had the top made at a shop locally, 100% custom) Damn, now I'm pissed..I wanna know who copied who!

Oh,and they lie-it leaks like MAD CRAZY around the window and at the top when it rains! At least ours did-and the design is the same-even the snap placements are the same :evil:
my friend has a fastback on his bronco. he bought it off ebay. looks the similar to both yours and the one i found online, except his was tan to match the blue and tan paint job.

i wouldn't worry about leaks on a baja fastback because it would only cover the bed anyway. i was trying to figure out a way to secure it to the truck bed if i had on custom made. any ideas?
2005 n/a monterey silver
yellowblaze
Scoobytruck Master

Post by yellowblaze »

Yeah, side windows would have been nice, but we usually had the top off unless it was really raining, or at night.

Ours was snaps drilled right into the body...do you have the metal frame around the bed that the soft cover slides under? you could drill snaps into that-the you'd just have the top to deal with, and I guess youd have to drill snaps into the body there. the corners had turnable pieces that stuck up and the cover had holes in it with metal grommets that slid down over the metal pieces to secure the sides. Now I miss the ole "big truck", after lookin at the pics :cry:
Hawk296
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Hawk296 »

Pretty much stuff that was on the STX concept. The retractable rear glass and folding midgate. The turn signal in the roof rack, the extra driving lamps in the front bumper, and I would really really like an AC inverter in the bed with an extra 12v outlet back there also.
cyphergirl
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cyphergirl »

It would be nice if the manual tranny Bajas had the anti-rollback feature that some of the other Subies do.
ScreaminMimi
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by ScreaminMimi »

cyphergirl wrote:It would be nice if the manual tranny Bajas had the anti-rollback feature that some of the other Subies do.

I agree, I thought it was just that my hillholder wasn't working... good reason, if it hasn't one! LOL!
I was going to ask the service guys about it when I go for my 7,500 mi. service.
'78 Brat Stock 4 sp.
Ford Chrome Yellow/Red Decals
'86 Brat - T-tops, low topper - primer grey
'05 Baja Turbo 5 sp.
Monterey Silver/Brilliant Silver