Urethane AT Motor Mounts?

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

FlyingAlpaca
Scoobytruck Lurker

Urethane AT Motor Mounts?

Post by FlyingAlpaca »

Haven't found any info regarding this, but recently I found out I have a bum motor mount and I want to upgrade to urethane. Are WRX/STI motor mounts of the same year compatible? I found this, and they seem pretty close to stock Baja mounts for automatic transmissions. I have a '04 turbo automatic for info's sake.
Nitro350Z
Scoobytruck Master

Re: Urethane AT Motor Mounts?

Post by Nitro350Z »

Group N mounts are the way I'd go. They're a little stiffer but not overly so for a daily driver. Going to stiffer mount might introduce unwanted resonances, especially for something that's a daily.

http://www.rallysportdirect.com/STI-Gro ... 11-WRX-STI
http://www.rallysportdirect.com/STI-Gro ... 11-WRX-STI

As far as I'm aware, Subaru used the same engine mounts for pretty much every EJ series, so they should all work regardless of transmission and year. The trans mount is different of course.
FlyingAlpaca
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by FlyingAlpaca »

Awesome, thanks a bunch. I daily, but noise/vibration aren't a real issue for me and I was suggested by an off-road buddy of mine to look into something that'd give me more torque for the trails (and obviously last longer).
mikenmel08
Scoobytruck Master

Post by mikenmel08 »

More Torque? Don't think that's going to happen by replacing a few bushings.....That being said , Unless you plan on doing some pretty serious off roading there is no need for anything like that....And by serious I man like rock crawling and reallllly articulating your suspension. ......And I can tell you from playing around myself....You will be replacing your tie rod ends more than anything else if you like playing on the trails......
FlyingAlpaca
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by FlyingAlpaca »

That's just what I was told, that and I'm losing torque because it shakes willy-nilly now as it is. Not rock crawling at all either, just off-road trails that can get a little challenging (this is an example of the first trail I tried, visited Loch Lomond and will probably be going through some random trails on Boreas Pass when that opens up). I understand that things will wear out faster, most notably in the suspension department. I'm going to go with the harder rubber mounts, I have no intention of selling this vehicle at all so if I can just replace them once then I'll be happy, and when I first researched this all I could find were urethane.