Scary Seller.. I hate these guys...

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

CaptnBaja
Scoobytruck Lurker

Scary Seller.. I hate these guys...

Post by CaptnBaja »

Opps put first post about buying in the Tech section...

So, this is why people hate used car dealers... please someone with a little class sell me a car...

looking all over at these things, most people very understanding about answering questions, but this guy.

after sending my stock basic questions got directed to just look at the Ad more, (I did miss inside pictures) but, followed up with..

Dear aquadro11,

Could you send pictures of the underside of the car? Best if you toss it up on the lift to look otherwise just hold the camera held underneath the chassis and shoot a bunch from all sides. Also take pictures of the bottom side of the doors (this is typically where corrosion starts to take hold at the seams), as it is not shown in your pictures. The brake calipers looked really corroded so I am too scared to bid yet.

Could you send the CarFax report? (or let me know the last plate/registration number and state and I will run it)
Can you share the receipts from the work done or a contact/dealer where the work was performed? Sorry just saying that it was done is not sufficient, I need at least the scanned in documentation sent to me.

Thanks,
Erik

Here's the Reply that just makes me RUN AWAY FROM THIS GUY...

Dear captnpea,
Eric with all due resist respect sir this is a 8 year old vehicle with 140k we try to explain as best as possible but I get the notion that you have very high expectations of your vehicles this is not a new car therefore they will be imperfections on it like I said the doors are rust free and we did the work ourself so there are no receipts and we do not email carfax reports those are available only at our lot so with that being said I don't know how far you live but the best thing is to drive up and see the vehicle for yourself since we sell a big volume of vehicles there fore its impossible for us to satisfy your demands
Thank you-
aquadro11
theluckyone17
Scoobytruck Master

Re: Scary Seller.. I hate these guys...

Post by theluckyone17 »

Sounds like he doesn't want to put much effort into selling a truck.
Onyx: 2006 Baja Sport
CaptnBaja
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by CaptnBaja »

theluckyone17 wrote:Sounds like he doesn't want to put much effort into selling a truck.
Yup... but, I'm willing to put in effort to buy one... :P
CaptnBaja
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by CaptnBaja »

I couldn't resist giving this guy a piece of brain yesterday...

Well that is a crappy attitude to have. I will do my best to make sure that the buying public is aware of your disregard to satisfy reasonable customer requests, especially since your selling on nationwide internet site that is prone to draw distance customers.

I asked for receipts, you did buy the parts right? You did the work with certified mechanics? Pictures of the receipts, the mechanics credentials and/or the shop they performed the service in would be quite fine, Instead your attempt to move the responsibility on the buyer in this internet marketplace is just plain ridiculous.

So this clown sends this to me...

What is crappy is your expectations and yes is your responsibility if you can't drive up there are other avenues like paying for a independent inspection which ebay motors offers or paying for a carfax but I guess that is to much for you we are not a vehicle advisers we are a car dealership
this the vehicle this is the description these are the pics this our description if that is not enough for than maybe you should try to get to the dealership and look at it yourself good luck with finding your future vehicle I would recommend the Subaru dealer their 2015 vehicles look great

So now I just had to go at him once more...

WOW... you are really something, BTW I am shopping this particular Truck/Car countrywide and I am receiving great data from other sellers... all have been very helpful. In fact there has been only one that has not been helpful for an out of state buyer... hmmm wonder which one?

I did pay for CarFax to run plate numbers on private seller cars and EVERY other dealer has shared the data with me... again what one didn't?

You're a Tool... why people like you stay in business is beyond me. I suppose there are enough timid folks for you to feed your unethical/uncooperative behavior with to squeak out an existence. You're mamma has got to be proud that their kid is the stereotypical sleazy used car sales guy...

I'm done with you go away a@@wipe.
Zombaja
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Zombaja »

In my case, I emailed a used car dealership to ask if the timing belt/water pump had been done. I'd found the car listen on Craigslist and also on their website. Car was going for a little over $10K

I received a reply in the affirmative that this had been done. I was still waiting to sell my FJR so it was a few days later I checked CL and their website to see if the car was available.

The ad now listed the water pump/timing belt had been done, and the cost had climbed over $1.5K

I went to the dealership cash in hand, and offered them the amount it had been barely a week before. They both denied the car had been listed at the lower price, and would not negotiate down to that amount.

So I found one in similar shape, a year older, same features, and only 10K miles more for just over $8K

dealerships are INSANE around here with Bajas.
theluckyone17
Scoobytruck Master

Post by theluckyone17 »

Just hit up Aquadro11's eBay site. Shady as all... Well, you know.

Had a buddy that bought a used car in CT. Didn't qualify for the no lemon law, was $5 too cheap. Dealer told him to stuff it after it died on the drive home. I will not buy a used car from CT, unless it's from Paul "Moosens" on the Ultimate Subaru site. He gets a pass. Every one else in the state can go climb a tree.
Onyx: 2006 Baja Sport
hocrest
Scoobytruck Master

Post by hocrest »

theluckyone17 wrote:unless it's from Paul "Moosens" on the Ultimate Subaru site.
Paul is THE MAN!!! [smilie=666.gif]
Dinky26
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Dinky26 »

It's people like these that give the human race a bad name.