My First One!

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

Killer B
Scoobytruck Contributer

My First One!

Post by Killer B »

Well I just lost my "Would you like to sell your Baja?" note on windshield virginity just a moment ago. I'll even give the guy bonus points for making his paper match the color of my Baja. Obviously the next step was to text him back with a "Thanks for your interest but unless I die I am never parting with it" response.

mikenmel08
Scoobytruck Master

Re: My First One!

Post by mikenmel08 »

Nice
Rizzo
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Rizzo »

[smilie=666.gif] :lol:
bajaguy
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bajaguy »

Yup. Still virgin myself.
Rizzo
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Rizzo »

We found a stray dog, thankfully with tags.

She was thirsty with a mile long tongue draggin..

Wife went into the store we found her at and the clerk asked if we wanted to sell the Baja.

We all know how that turned out.
Killer B
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Killer B »

Glad to hear the dog had tags and I hope that she was able to be reunited with her owner. I hope the clerk wasn't too bummed when he/she got the answer. They have to know that we Baja owners are proud of our unique rides!

The funny thing about these events is that 8 or so months ago that person asking the owners about selling their Bajas was about to be me. I was very close to putting a note on the regular YMCA Baja that was always parked when I showed up. Only reason I didn't was because I knew I still didn't have nearly enough money for them to even consider.

Now here I am almost a year later with my own YMCA Baja which has already gathered a bit of a fan following from the YMCA employees. One front desk lady tells me she always stops to look at it whenever she sees me driving by the main entrance. She told me she had never seen a Baja before and was in awe when I pulled up with it one morning before the YMCA opened. I got to chat with her for a while about it and she thinks it's just the neatest car ever.