05 Baja new member

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

FL_BAJA
Scoobytruck Lurker

05 Baja new member

Post by FL_BAJA »

Hello all,<br><br>         My name is Chip and I picked up my '05 Baja Turbo last Tuesday. I live in Jacksonville, Fl. I love this machine! I have a friend who works for Toyota here in the states and in Japan. He says Subaru is top notch in quality and the Baja is awesome! I know what he means! Mine is Atlantic Blue and a 5 spd. I do a lot of Kayaking. The Baja is perfect for this. AWD gets me around and it carries all of my gear nicely. Plus its cool driving a car that is definetly not one of the masses. Consumer Reports rated Subaru as number one in quality. Pretty sweet if you ask me. I will post some pictures soon. Anyway, glad to be here and hope to meet other members someday. Maybe a Baja-only meet or something. <br><br>Later!<br><br>Chip
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Re: 05 Baja new member

Post by mbaksic »

Welcome to the wonderful world of Baja, Chip!! ;D  Hope you enjoy the machine as much as the rest of us are. And welcome to the forum.  ;D You're right, this one isn't for the masses, for some reason.  You don't see many of them around. Not many up here in Wisconsin anyway.   Mike
Even though I work on Dodges, I don't own one.
FL_BAJA
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by FL_BAJA »

Hello Mike,<br><br>    Thanks for the welcome. I went from a Trailblazer to the Baja. I'm not a real tall guy and trying to put a 14ft kayak on top of the Trailblazer was a job. Taking a 2wd, 4000 plus lb vehicle off road was an experience in itself. The Baja is perfect in this arena. Just my size. Plus I can throw all of my wet gear in the bed.  The Baja is a great fit for me. A lot of people ask what it is. "Is that the new Brat?" HAHA I love it!<br><br>Chip
X20
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by X20 »

Sup Chip,<br>  I know what you mean, everyone asks me "what is that".  <br>and I love it! Im cruising like a mad man round florida, so im sure ill see you evevntually. Ill post pics this weekend so youll know the ride.
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

Yes, the Trailblazer in 2wd would be a hand full. Plus its big and dumpy in the ride and handlin department. The Baja handles better than any full size truck out there!!  :) ;D  Mike
Even though I work on Dodges, I don't own one.
FL_BAJA
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by FL_BAJA »

X20,<br><br>    I plan to do a little kayaking in the Keys this summer. I'll keep my eyes open for you when I pass through Miami.  :) Yeah, the Trailblazer was a bit much for me. I felt like I was driving a bus. I mean it was smooth and powerful, just did'nt coner well or handle well. The "Roo" corners flat and quick. I feel more with the road. Plus, the gas mileage is better. My daily drive was netting me 18mpg city. With the Baja I am seeing around 22mpg city. I am told that may improve once it breaks in. I can go about 50  more miles on a tank of gas. Yahoo! I will have some pics up soon as well. I use to own a 1992 Acura Integra GS-R. This is like having that car again but I can do so much more with it. Gotta love it!<br><br>Chip
ScreaminMimi
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by ScreaminMimi »

I have an '05 Baja Turbo and a '78 Brat parked in front of my house. People get a kick out of seeing them side-by-side... most have never seen a Baja before, and haven't seen any Brats around this area for years. They love them both!
'78 Brat Stock 4 sp.
Ford Chrome Yellow/Red Decals
'86 Brat - T-tops, low topper - primer grey
'05 Baja Turbo 5 sp.
Monterey Silver/Brilliant Silver