New Owner

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

pdiz

New Owner

Post by pdiz »

;D Just picked up my brand-spankin' new black '05 Subaru Baja Turbo today! ;D<br><br>I bought it sight unseen. :o They had to trade a dealership in San Diego for it. Apparently it's the only black manual turbo in So Cali. I find that hard to believe; however, silver (either monotone or two-tone) with automatic seems to be order of the day around here. Also, red seems pretty hard to come by as well. I'm a little sad I didn't get to check the red out in person because, as you probably all know, online photos do not do this car justice. But black looks pretty bad ass with the gunmetal gray scheme. I LOVE IT!<br> <br>Anyway, I got it for almost a grand under dealer invoice plus $500 rebate. I feel like I got away with murder! <br><br>Anyway, I'm cruising in style now. 8) I also wanted to thank the Ford Explorer (Expedition?) that ran the stop sign and T-boned my Miata. <br><br>PDiz
jaxed
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Re: New Owner

Post by jaxed »

I saw an '05 RED Baja for the first time the other day - and it does look sharp!  If I hadn't gone for black, I think my next choice would have been red.
cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cliffhanger »

i definitely feel like im one of the lucky ones to own a baja.. it took the dealership i was at a week and a half, searching five states (VA, NC, DE, MD, and WV) , and they had to trade a new legacy or outback or something just to get the baja i wanted. ive got a white/silver baja-t with a 5spd , ive been told that that is a rare combo (white/silver/turbo/5spd), but i got it delivered to me with 283 miles on it and could not be happier... my dealer told me that none of the other dealerships in the other states wanted to sell us the baja-t b/c they are selling really fast when they can get them in... the baja sports are just sitting tho... i think the baja is the best, no matter which way you go!!
'05 Baja-T M/T white/silver
370 awhp
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

Congrats on the new Baja pdiz, and welcome to the wonderful world of Baja.  ;DYou now own a rare beast like the rest of us. Hope that its everything you thought it would be, and that it treats you right in the long run.  Mike
Even though I work on Dodges, I don't own one.
Slowmo
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Slowmo »

Congrats !  Way to hold out .<br>I endend up with a silver over silver n/a auto because I really liked the Baja, but there were no turbos let alone turbo-5spds to be had in the state (or so they told me).<br>Had mine in for routine service about a month ago and saw a used '04 turbo 5-spd on the lot.  It was black over silver ... just my luck.
X20
Scoobytruck Contributer

Re:

Post by X20 »

congratulations pdiz on your sweet ride.   The baja is the ultimate road trip mobile.