Need tailgate trim "button"

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

jseabolt
Scoobytruck Master

Need tailgate trim "button"

Post by jseabolt »

One of the black "buttons" that holds the top of the tailgate trim in place fell out today while I was hauling junk with the tailgate down. Must have hit a pothole or hard bump at some point.

I went down to Advance Auto to see if they had one of those trim buttons roughly 3/4" in diameter but the ones I found were two small to fit the hole in the tailgate.

I'd like to find one that matches the texture of the trim pieces because I know having one that is shiney is going to bug the hell out of me.

Anyone ever lost one of these and had to buy a complete set (nine I think all together) and want to recoupe some of your money?

Or any other solution so it wouldn't stick out like a sore thumb?
http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd148/turbofiat/

2003 Subaru Baja
1968 Ford Fairlane 500
1980 Fiat 124 Spider (turbocharged)
1987 Yugo GV (1500 turbocharged)
1981 Trabant 601 S
1987 Citroen 2CV
1977 MGB
Zardoz9
Scoobytruck Lurker

Re: Need tailgate trim "button"

Post by Zardoz9 »

Try,

Product Name: CLIPS TRIM FOR BAJA REAR (item A) there are eleven
of this running around the rear bed upper trims (sold individually)
Item#: 91067AE01A
Unit Price: $8.00
Quantity: 2
Bought mine online.

Tom
RoverLander
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by RoverLander »

I've lost four over the years my dealer has had them in stock. Sold in packages of two for $4.95 I bought four packeges just to be safe @;-)
jseabolt
Scoobytruck Master

Post by jseabolt »

RoverLander wrote:I've lost four over the years my dealer has had them in stock. Sold in packages of two for $4.95 I bought four packeges just to be safe @;-)
I didn't get any responses at first so I jumped and went to the local dealership. It took the guy 30 minutes to find it on his computer!!!

I probably insulted him after 20 minutes when I told him if he could not find the part I would post on this forum and see if someone could find it and get back with him. He finally found it under the fastener page. The button was not listed on the tailgate page.

I must have got ripped off. They charged me $10.00 for just one button! Of course they had to order it for me because they don't stock many Subaru parts. GM vehicles is their bread and butter and Subaru is just a sideline make they sell.

Not long after I bought my Baja from them I went there to buy wiper blade inserts because a typical insert would not fit the arms. When they told me they would have to order them, I was like, "You mean you don't stock wiper blade inserts? Nevermind I'll just got to Advance and buy new arms". Seems like the refills were twice what I could buy two entire arms for.

I seldom goto any dealership to buy car parts unless it's something I can't get from NAPA or Advance Auto.

JS
http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd148/turbofiat/

2003 Subaru Baja
1968 Ford Fairlane 500
1980 Fiat 124 Spider (turbocharged)
1987 Yugo GV (1500 turbocharged)
1981 Trabant 601 S
1987 Citroen 2CV
1977 MGB