Multi-Purpose Light/Brush Bar w/optional Skid Plate & Winch

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

maczapit
Scoobytruck Lurker

Re: Multi-Purpose Light/Brush Bar w/optional Skid Plate & Wi

Post by maczapit »

I am also interested in the light bar.....2005 black baja turbo.

Let me know what the plan is...and how I get one....

-David
maczapit@stygius.net
Skemcin
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Skemcin »

Ahzlon wrote:If you need N/A baja fitment. I'm fairly certain you can use a Legacy Outback for a template of the same body style. As far as memory serves the rear end is really the only major difference between the Baja and Leg.
I think that is correct. Regardless, it will be more reassuring to fit a turbo and a non-turbo Baja just to be safe. We will look for like year Legacy and Legacy Outbacks to confirm fitment so we can sell them the bar too.
maczapit wrote:I am also interested in the light bar.....2005 black baja turbo.
Let me know what the plan is...and how I get one....
-David
maczapit@stygius.net
The original post has information on how the deposits, purchase and build will go. Right now, we are taking deposits - at the time of this post we have 4 of the 5 deposits needed to settle on production schedule.

Welcome aboard - glad you found the thread and we're happy to be building these bars for the community.
RoverLander
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by RoverLander »

I see about ten or eleven different Baja's on a pretty regular basis between work, home, and other travels. If you put together a one page flyer I could leave it on their windshield and hopefully get you that last deposit or more...

RoverLander
Skemcin
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Skemcin »

RoverLander wrote:I see about ten or eleven different Baja's on a pretty regular basis between work, home, and other travels. If you put together a one page flyer I could leave it on their windshield and hopefully get you that last deposit or more...

RoverLander
I can do that ... will post that late tonight! Thanks!!
anarchy1024
Scoobytruck Master

Post by anarchy1024 »

I'm taking the pictures now. I should be done within the hour.
khestee
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by khestee »

How easy is it to take the skidplate off for oil changes?
Skemcin
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Skemcin »

anarchy1024 wrote:I'm taking the pictures now. I should be done within the hour.
Sweet - thank you.
khestee wrote:How easy is it to take the skidplate off for oil changes?
6 bolts - 2 min. maybe 3.
anarchy1024
Scoobytruck Master

Post by anarchy1024 »

You should be able to view the photos here. http://travelmatching.bounceme.net:60123/

Thumbnails: http://travelmatching.bounceme.net:60123/thumbnails.jpg
800x600 images: http://travelmatching.bounceme.net:60123/800/
3648x2736 images: http://travelmatching.bounceme.net:60123/3648/

Or, if you want to download everything to your computer:
800x600 images (31MB): http://travelmatching.bounceme.net:6012 ... s_3648.zip
3648x2736 images (621MB): http://travelmatching.bounceme.net:6012 ... os_800.zip

The pictures are just in the order they were taken. The last several images (starting at P2139902) are with the Baja on the driveway, with a measuring tape extending vertically to different parts. The measuring tape body is 3.5"/89mm, according to its side.

Let me know if there are any issues, or anything else you need.

(Oh, any word on Toronto, Canada shipping? I sent you a PM with my address earlier.)
Skemcin
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Skemcin »

anarchy1024 wrote:You should be able to view the photos here. http://travelmatching.bounceme.net:60123/

Thumbnails: http://travelmatching.bounceme.net:60123/thumbnails.jpg
800x600 images: http://travelmatching.bounceme.net:60123/800/
3648x2736 images: http://travelmatching.bounceme.net:60123/3648/

Or, if you want to download everything to your computer:
800x600 images (31MB): http://travelmatching.bounceme.net:6012 ... s_3648.zip
3648x2736 images (621MB): http://travelmatching.bounceme.net:6012 ... os_800.zip

The pictures are just in the order they were taken. The last several images (starting at P2139902) are with the Baja on the driveway, with a measuring tape extending vertically to different parts. The measuring tape body is 3.5"/89mm, according to its side.

Let me know if there are any issues, or anything else you need.

(Oh, any word on Toronto, Canada shipping? I sent you a PM with my address earlier.)
Thank you - the pictures are a great help. I still have to look into the shipping estimate for Canada.
RoverLander wrote:I see about ten or eleven different Baja's on a pretty regular basis between work, home, and other travels. If you put together a one page flyer I could leave it on their windshield and hopefully get you that last deposit or more...
RoverLander
Here is the ad / flyer you can print. I have the original work (Adobe Illustrator) should anyone want it to print higher quality.

RoverLander
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by RoverLander »

Wow! When I asked for a Flyer I didn't expect much more than a few pictures and a short write up with contact info. Great job, and great marketing tag line too@;-)

Currently "lying in" with wife and our new daughter. But whenever we surface will be sure to drop it on any Baja we see...

Thanks,
RoverLander
Skemcin
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Skemcin »

RoverLander wrote:Wow! When I asked for a Flyer I didn't expect much more than a few pictures and a short write up with contact info. Great job, and great marketing tag line too@;-)

Currently "lying in" with wife and our new daughter. But whenever we surface will be sure to drop it on any Baja we see...

Thanks,
RoverLander
Thanks

I was a little worried the line was insulting so I made an alternative - "Beef Up Your Baja!"

Skemcin
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Skemcin »

## 24 hour deposit bump ##

We received deposits from have 5 of the 9 that have verbally committed to the build. That is enough to get started but anyone else (including those 4) will have less than two weeks to make a final decision before orders are closed. We are building an Impreza batch along side this, so the window may stay open a little longer, but please don't count it. Reserve your bar now as we will only be ordering enough material to build what is being paid for.

The deposit link is in the original post.

On a side note, I spoke to the Superwinch Respresentative and he has given me information on what is the replacement for the UTV4000 that we originally put on the bar. This replacement can be purchased directly from Superwinch whenever you want and is a direct bolt on replacement. I think they are down to 5 or 6 of the before mentioned winch - so once they run out, this is the alternative.

Superwinch Terra 45

As always, questions, comments, suggestions are always welcomed and appreciated.
Skemcin
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Skemcin »

## 12 hour deposit bump ##
(or a little less)

Pictures will be posted this weekend as progress is made. I want to thank everyone for showing support for this project, particularly to:
  • Buck Rogers
  • Cosmictech
  • das_fool
  • jaxed
  • koehlean
  • RoverLander
who's commitments are making the build possible.
Thank you guys.

As for a timeline, and all this is still subject to change, I anticipate a full mock up (pending seeing something really odd underneath the truck) to be completed this weekend. Once we determine when production begins, I will post a hard deadline for deposits one week prior to that date. Between now and then, that should provide plenty of time for folks to appropriate funds as needed. If you want to be guaranteed a bar is made for your truck, you will need to make the deposit deadline - otherwise, the production of your bar will be delayed and could be subject to additional costs (depending on how much material we have left).

For those who have made their deposits, should all things turn out as expected, I've already run shipping estimates and each of you would be paying just under $150 in shipping with the only exception being the gentleman in CA which is another $30. I can tell you that none of you live within a reasonable distance of each other to share shipping, but there are 5 others that have verbally committed to the build that might. I will continue to review the addresses coming and I will "introduce" folks that might be candidates for sharing shipping, but I cannot take responsibility for anything else past that.

I'm looking forward to providing you some updates this weekend.

As always, questions, comments, and concerns are welcome.
Skemcin
Scoobytruck Master

ATTENTION

Post by Skemcin »

Folks, I am just getting word that I will only have the Baja for half the needed time this Saturday.

For anyone following this thread, please let me know if you know ANYONE in the Chicago Area that can be in New Lenox from noon to 4pm on Saturday (at the very least) or ideally from 9am to 4pm. The truck can be dropped off or the owner can hang out - its up to them.

We won't be able to make quite as much progress as we'd like to given the current Baja owners circumstance that has him having to leave at noon. This is not jeopardizing the project at all but it will slow things down a little.

Thanks in advance for your help.
hocrest
Scoobytruck Master

Re: ATTENTION

Post by hocrest »

Skemcin wrote:Folks, I am just getting word that I will only have the Baja for half the needed time this Saturday.

For anyone following this thread, please let me know if you know ANYONE in the Chicago Area that can be in New Lenox from noon to 4pm on Saturday (at the very least) or ideally from 9am to 4pm. The truck can be dropped off or the owner can hang out - its up to them.

We won't be able to make quite as much progress as we'd like to given the current Baja owners circumstance that has him having to leave at noon. This is not jeopardizing the project at all but it will slow things down a little.

Thanks in advance for your help.
If you know anyone with a 2000-2004 OB that you would have more reliable access to, I would try to borrow their car. Then rather than specing things out to the Baja in the short time you have it, just compare the two, I think you'll find them to match up pretty closely.