Baja Rumor

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

Baja_Turbo

Baja Rumor

Post by Baja_Turbo »

I heard from a friend that works at the dealer today.He said the rumor going around there is that the 06 Baja will be on its current platform.The 07 will switch to the new Outback/Legacy platform.I guess will have to wait and see if its Fact or Fiction. ;D
jaxed
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Re: Baja Rumor

Post by jaxed »

I'm placing my bets on the Baja getting canned... this year or in '06.  They just don't sell many, and don't advertise either.
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

I hope the rumor is correct, but the way sales are going, I'm not holding my breath on this. It would be nice to buy another Baja (new) down the road.   Mike
Even though I work on Dodges, I don't own one.
Baja_Turbo

Post by Baja_Turbo »

I disagree with you jaXed,i think the Baja will hang in there alittle longer.Subaru might have learned from there mistake and plan on trying to fix it with a 2nd generation Baja.These type of vehicles are growing,with the honda ridgeline coming out next month subaru can watch how the public responds to it and make adjustments to the future Baja's,and maybe regain sales in the Baja.It all starts with SOA,they gotta ADVERTISE to sell.
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

Yes, advertise and make it better. It would be nice to see it on the new Legacy platform. ;D More room, and more neat toys. and, ADVERTISE THE HELL OUT OF IT SO PEOPLE KNOW ITS OUT THERE!!!!!!!  We have a GREAT little truck, and nobody but us owners seem to know. Thats a shame and is SOA's fault. I talk mine up when someone asks, but you can only do so much by word of mouth. I got into mine by chance, as we took it in trade at the Dodge dealership on a fullsize truck. I drove it and LOVED IT!! But I don't remember seeing them advertised before I bought mine or since. I saw one while driving before I bought mine, same color, it may even be the one I own now.  Mike
jaxed
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Post by jaxed »

Baja_Turbo: Don't get me wrong, I want the Baja to thrive!  ...and maybe you are right.  Certainly the Ridgeline makes things interesting.  I like that it has lockable storage beneath the bed....  wish the Baja had that feature  (like the prototype appeared to) ...
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

The lockable storage under the box is a nice idea, but if you had the box full and had a flat, you would have to unload to get to the spare tire and stuff.  :-[ I think that the H-6 would be a nice option. I would go with one of them instead of the turbo. You can always use a little more power than the N/A engine like I have. But I don't want the turbo, don't need that kind of performance and extra insurance premiums.   Mike
yellowblaze
Scoobytruck Master

Post by yellowblaze »

Did everyone see this  :o<br>Image<br><br>Drooolll....<br><br>I love my my03, but I wouldnt mind one of those too!!! Maybe when the 03 is outta warranty, keep it, turbo it, and get one of the Legacy Bajas as a new DD!  Hopefully Yellow will return the the color lineup...
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

Hey Yellowblaze----NICE!!!!!!!;DYou and your yellow!! At least you will never get lost in a crowd.::) That is a neat color, reminds me of the Nitro Yellow/Green on the 95 Dodge Neon. I swear that the color glowed in the dark!! :o   Mike
yellowblaze
Scoobytruck Master

Post by yellowblaze »

Haha, yeah, the yellow thing is gettin outta hand....it's all because of Eleanor, our 73 Mach and the YMR....I find Baja Yellow also has a greenish tint in the right light.    I do like them in other colors too..that dark blue or black was my second choiceif I couldn't find a yellow I liked...
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

My reason for the Regatta Red was that was what it was when I bought it. ;D I didn't go out and look for a Baja, wasn't even really in the market for a different ride.  :oThe old  Cherokee kept runnin, and my Park Ave was good also.  ::)Just did a test drive as part of the used car safety inspection and fell in lov with the machine.  ;DI was talking about trying a Subaru anyways, just for something different after always driving GM and Chrysler. I figured that I would look for a used Outback wagon. But I like this sucker, throw all my tools and dirty things in the back. Its a great little truck.    Mike