Ideas to grow this forum ...

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

jaxed
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Ideas to grow this forum ...

Post by jaxed »

I am looking for some ideas to help grow this forum.  I notice that the nasioc baja group is buzzing like a beehive while there has been little activity here.  My web logs do indicated about 30 unique visitors to this site a day but nobody posts.<br><br>I suppose it will take a while to get the users here.  Google has just started to index this site,  and possibly that will help bring more traffic.  I am also considering a domain name registration - though not sure what it should be.  If you have any other ideas, then bring it on.<br><br>
bajabob
Scoobytruck Master

Re: Ideas to grow this forum ...

Post by bajabob »

I think your on the right track with the Baja library - possibly adding a faq or tech section for stuff like usable rim/tire combos might be handy. <br>It will take a while to build activity here because people tend to post where the biggest group is. Having something NASIOC doesen't offer is important - if someone checks the library for info they then might post to the forums looking for more info.
cyphergirl
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cyphergirl »

My husband and I run a forum for homebuilt aircraft builders.  The things that we've found that work best are:<br><br>- Daily posts... if it looks like this place is dead, no one will want to post<br>- Simple site design<br>- Constant exposure.... put the URL in your signature, and "post wh*re" like crazy on email lists and forums that would have an audience who is interested in the Baja.<br><br>I also sponsor five local racing forums (I'm a race track photographer at Capitol in MD).  Some of them are really popular, some are not.  No rhyme or reason to it really.  Give it some time, as long as you are offering something different than the other 1,000,000 forums out there, the visitors will come.   ;D<br><br>You just have to keep in mind that the community of Baja owners is probably small related to other cars.  Reaching them will be difficult -- it just takes some time.<br><br>BTW -- shoot me a PM if you want some more "tricks"...... don't want to be giving away the trade secrets to everyone on the planet.   ;D
jaxed
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Post by jaxed »

[quote author=cyphergirl link=board=gen;num=1106865319;start=0#2 date=01/31/05 at 11:43:31]<br>- Daily posts... if it looks like this place is dead, no one will want to post<br>- Simple site design<br>- Constant exposure.... put the URL in your signature, and "post wh*re" like crazy on email lists and forums that would have an audience who is interested in the Baja.<br>[/quote]<br><br>These are good points.  I have done some casual "URL" dropping in other Subaru forums, which is where 99% of the ppl here come from. ;)
yellowblaze
Scoobytruck Master

Post by yellowblaze »

/\ it's where I came from!  It'll just take a little time.  Hopefully the registry will help bring in traffic eventually.  I'd say traffic is key-the more stuff to talk about, the more people talking!  I'd pass the word to local baja owners, but I've only seen three others off dealer lots, and they were all in motion!!
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

Thats a  BIG problem, not many Baja's out there. I have only seen maybe 8 in the 11 months that I have owned mine. The only one I saw standing still was in the local gas station. My comment to them was "Wow, there IS another one on the road." They really liked theirs, and only had it a few weeks. This was back in Sept. 04. It will take some time for people to find this forum. I remember when I was looking for Baja info, doing a MSN search and finding NASIOC. That was about all that was out there at that time for us. So cheer up jaXed, it WILL happen, just takes time.  ;D Mike
Even though I work on Dodges, I don't own one.
yellowblaze
Scoobytruck Master

Post by yellowblaze »

I have been told there's another Baja around where I live now, I think it's regatta red-but I haven't seen it yet.  I thought about test driving the ones at dealers & leaving a note in the golve box, lol.  Actually, the one dealer locally has a grey 05 t that hasn't moved from it's spot in weeks-I don't think anyone has even though about test driving it!  :'( It looks so lonely....<br><br>Anyway, once you get a name (club baja?) and we start getting out there at shows and stuff, it'll pick up!  
bajabob
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bajabob »

Another way to grow may be to expand the forum to include the Brat. I think it would be good to have input from the first gen of Subaru pickup owners.<br><br>Bob