Good places to buy accessories?

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

cyphergirl
Scoobytruck Master

Good places to buy accessories?

Post by cyphergirl »

Anyone know of good places online to buy accessories from?  My dealer wants $280 for the trailer hitch, and they don't even have one in stock.  I found it online for $218.  <br><br>Anyone have any particular sites that they like to deal with?  Come on, cough 'em up.   ;D
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Re: Good places to buy accessories?

Post by mbaksic »

As far as a hitch, I got mine from a truck accessory place. They had to order it. It is a Hidden Hitch. Fits nice, and only 4 bolts to put in. Took about 10 minutes to install. The wiring was another matter. I used an aftermarket splitter box, because the tail lights and turn signals are seperate in the tail lights. I removed the bedliner on the right side, and soldered it in. I had to add a power wire that I had to run all the way to the battery. That part took about 2 hours. The splitter was also from Hidden Hitch. They say you need it because the Baja wiring can't handle the extra load of the trailer lights, so the 12 volt wire to the battery powers the lights when trailering. It works great. Hitch and wiring together cost me about $170.00. No labor, since I put it in myself. From what I have heard, Subaru's wiring plugs into a plug under the right corner of the box. But I have mine up in the box, so it won't get corroded with salt in winter. Thats my $0.02 cents worth. If you want  a super easy wire install, get the factory harness and hitch. I was cheap, and the Hidden Hitch and wiring works fine.  ;D   Mike
Even though I work on Dodges, I don't own one.
Grimm
Scoobytruck Lurker

Re: Good places to buy accessories?

Post by Grimm »

You can try this place. I am not sure what the price differences are.

http://www.subaru.autowebaccessories.com/
BajaT05
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by BajaT05 »

I have gotten a few things at the dealer cheaper than the net.... since they have to order it I just tell them I buy from you if you price match it and I just tell them how much they are online.
I got my Mudflaps for 100 bucks.......
X20
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by X20 »

DUDES
I called the parts department at my dealer for the splash guard kit and the dude tells me that each individual flap/guard cost 103.00! :x Is this true?? Or is he on crack?
X20
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by X20 »

forget it. I checked on ebay and this dude is selling them there for 70 bucks the set of 4. So my dealer must be on crack.
ScreaminMimi
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by ScreaminMimi »

X20 wrote:forget it. I checked on ebay and this dude is selling them there for 70 bucks the set of 4. So my dealer must be on crack.

Be sure to check the colors that he has up for auction, it needs to match your cladding because it wraps around the rocker and shows.
'78 Brat Stock 4 sp.
Ford Chrome Yellow/Red Decals
'86 Brat - T-tops, low topper - primer grey
'05 Baja Turbo 5 sp.
Monterey Silver/Brilliant Silver