pickin' mine up tomorrow!

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

coopm57

pickin' mine up tomorrow!

Post by coopm57 »

I found an 03 sport 5-speed w/ 19.000  miles on it, seems tight as a drum.  I'm  excited,  we'll see how it goes.  Glad to be rid of my Dodge truck and it's 15.5 miles per gallon!!
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Re: pickin' mine up tomorrow!

Post by mbaksic »

You should love driving this around instead of a big old truck!! I bought mine in April 2004 from the Dodge dealer I work for. The previous owner had traded it in on a Dodge truck because he needed to plow a long driveway. It had 17,000 miles on it, and was perfect.  ;DOne test drive was all it took, I traded in my 97 Park Avenue, and sold my 93 Cherokee privately. I love it. With the automatic trans, I get 23-24 mpg back and forth to work, and when I went on vacation, got 31.1. And nothing has broken on it yet, so I am very happy so far with it.  
Even though I work on Dodges, I don't own one.
mark cooper

Post by mark cooper »

test
mark cooper

Post by mark cooper »

This thing is great. 23.22 mpg on first tank of gas, and I'm drivin' it like I stole it!
yellowblaze
Scoobytruck Master

Post by yellowblaze »

Another happy Baja owner  ;D   What color didja get?
coopm57

Post by coopm57 »

I got a red one!
thebigkahuna
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by thebigkahuna »

Hey Coopm, mind if I ask you how much you paid for your Baja? I'm close to purchasing one myself (hopefully by friday) and any information I can get can only help. The one I'm looking at is an 04, blue, with 5,000 miles. They are asking 20,000 and I have them down to 17,900. Thanks in advance.
jaxed
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Post by jaxed »

[quote author=thebigkahuna link=board=gen;num=1103612420;start=0#6 date=12/29/04 at 23:46:02]Hey Coopm, mind if I ask you how much you paid for your Baja? I'm close to purchasing one myself (hopefully by friday) and any information I can get can only help. The one I'm looking at is an 04, blue, with 5,000 miles. They are asking 20,000 and I have them down to 17,900. Thanks in advance.[/quote]<br><br>Wow.  17,900 is a good deal I would think...  You check edmunds for price, right?  You may be able to squeeze them for more, cause Baja's don't sell well.<br>
thebigkahuna
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by thebigkahuna »

Yeah, 17,900 is a good deal. They paid (if you can believe them) 17,000 for it but they can't move it. I pounced on them being that this is the end of the month, earlier this evening. They said they MAY just sell it to me for 17,000 just to get rid of it and make a profit on my trade, a 2004 Jeep Wrangler. I'll hear from them tomorrow and hope to join the small but (in my mind) awesome group of Baja owners soon! Keep your fingers crossed for me :)
yellowblaze
Scoobytruck Master

Post by yellowblaze »

Good luck!  That's about what I paid for mine a few weeks ago-03 with 2,777 miles (program car).  I got it for a bit less, about 17,000.
coopm57

Post by coopm57 »

They had mine down to 14,999 . I went in and told them to trade me pretty much straight across for my '03 Dodge of similar value, "because you need to find someone who can drive a stick, AND is dumb enough to want that ugly thing". Dakota was gorgeous, and automatic, well they went for it, and I am THRILLED with the car. I used the same logic on them, "You can make your money on my truck" and it worked.