New name wanted for this site...  POST IDEAS!

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

jaxed
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

New name wanted for this site...  POST IDEAS!

Post by jaxed »

Ok folks, the time has come to name this place.  baja.jaxed.com is not gonna cut it anymore.  So I am asking for ideas for a domain name for this site.  Reply in this thread.  Once a few good ideas are posted, I will make a poll and we will all vote on a new name!<br><br>Bring it on!
blubaja03
Scoobytruck Contributer

Re: New name wanted for this site...  POST IDEAS!

Post by blubaja03 »

subarubajaforums<br>
yellowblaze
Scoobytruck Master

Post by yellowblaze »

I saw the thread on naisoc first, but<br><br>I think the registry needs a domain too,so:<br><br>subarubajaregistry.com & subarubajaregistryforums.com or sbrforums.com
bajabob
Scoobytruck Master

Re: New name wanted for this site...  POST ID

Post by bajabob »

Myself I like something less of a description and more exotic or fun like   Bajalands  or the Bajatrail.<br><br>Bob
cyphergirl
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cyphergirl »

SecondGenBrat.com<br><br><br> :D
cyphergirl
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cyphergirl »

BTW, I talked to blubaja tonight on AIM and have some ideas for a site logo.  Hit me up on AIM ( cyphergrl ) sometime if you want to discuss.
Slowmo
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Slowmo »

How 'bout BajaBoard<br>BTW Great site !
thebigkahuna
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by thebigkahuna »

How about;<br> bajafan.com<br> bajafanforum.com<br> subarubajafan.com<br> bajaenthusiast.com<br> beheeheebaja.com<br> bajaboards.com<br> bajatalk.com<br> awdbaja.com<br> baja-awd.com<br> bajaoutback.com<br> outbackbaja.com<br> bajaunited.com<br><br>By the way, I have all but decided to buy a new Baja instead of used. Dealers just aren't moving low enough to entice me. Hopefully I'll have made a deal by the end of the month.<br>
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

How about    bajanutz.com.     ;D Sure sounds like a neat place to be.  :o  Mike
Even though I work on Dodges, I don't own one.
MontereySilver
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by MontereySilver »

BajaCountry.com<br>
pdiz

Post by pdiz »

My personal suggestions:<br><br>ibaja.com (kinda like ipod, imac, etc. - the 'i' could indicate Internet or Information or Integration or whatever)<br><br>bajaworld.com<br><br>subaja.com (subaru + baja)<br><br>subieworld.com (just has a nice ring, even though doesn't suggest the Baja model specifically)<br><br>bratboards.com (this name would suggest that brat owners are welcome too so that the board will be bigger, but actually just checked... this site is already registered (no subie content)... I kept it here though in case you like the idea of including the Brat in the name: "bratbajaforums.com", etc.<br><br>My favorite of the posted entries so far:<br><br>subarubajaforums.com<br><br>(Yeah, it's long, but it's exactly what it says it is. Most of us find sites through search engines anyway and once we like 'em we Bookmark 'em anyway...)<br><br>I think subarubaja.com, which would be shorter,  is taken already, although there's no site configured at the address, (nslookup command is your friend).
trbajalv
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by trbajalv »

[quote author=pdiz link=board=news;num=1109822372;start=0#10 date=03/09/05 at 01:15:45]My personal suggestions:<br><br>My favorite of the posted entries so far:<br><br>subarubajaforums.com<br><br>(Yeah, it's long, but it's exactly what it says it is. Most of us find sites through search engines anyway and once we like 'em we Bookmark 'em anyway...)<br>[/quote]<br><br>I second the motion, it's straight to the point. :)