Newb sayin Hello

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

Memphis
Scoobytruck Lurker

Newb sayin Hello

Post by Memphis »

HELLO....
Just wanted to say hi from KY! Just got my "new to me" yellow '03 Baja with about 126,000 miles on her! I've drove jeeps and SUV's for a while, but the gas was killing me. I've admired Subaru's for a while, especially the Baja, and knew that the AWD would get me where I needed to go on my camping trips! There is a huge difference between my old ride and my Baja! If I have one complaint, it's that the Baja is so sporty and low! I know it's capable of some descent off-roading, but NOT with that ground clearance! So, I'm keeping an eye out for a cheap yet safe way to lift my truck up a bit. I will say, I wish I had bought a manual, but this was literally the ONLY option in the area!
I've looked around and already got some awesome information, in fact, I had the truck for 3 days and already built a bed cover! Looking forward to seeing some awesome trucks and soaking up as much info as I can!
Ahzlon
Scoobytruck Master

Re: Newb sayin Hello

Post by Ahzlon »

Welcome to the Club! :)
PenguinSub
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by PenguinSub »

Hey memph! Welcome to the team! I'm actually in the process of searching for some lift kits for the subie. I've found a coulple of 1" lifters, plus springs for another 1" (2" total).

I've also found 4" lifts, but they require some add'l weldwork done to the steering rod, but if you're comfortable with that, I'd be more than happy to share what I've found out.

Also, post some pics of your ride!
Emsanon
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Emsanon »

Hi! Welcome to the Baja group! They are great vehicles. Good job finding one, they seem to be getting harder to find. :D
bgc
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by bgc »

Hi!

Welcome.

I love my Baja, I know you will love yours.

BGC
Memphis
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Memphis »

PenguinSub wrote:Hey memph! Welcome to the team! I'm actually in the process of searching for some lift kits for the subie. I've found a coulple of 1" lifters, plus springs for another 1" (2" total).

I've also found 4" lifts, but they require some add'l weldwork done to the steering rod, but if you're comfortable with that, I'd be more than happy to share what I've found out.

Also, post some pics of your ride!

Yeah man, I'd love to boost it up a couple of inches. 4 seems a bit too high for me :/ Where did you find the lifters and springs? Cost?