some questions regarding my new baja

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

FUBARU
Scoobytruck Lurker

some questions regarding my new baja

Post by FUBARU »

Hey, I'm wondering where to install an after market subwoofer or 2 in the baja. probably 10"

I'd like to keep it out of the bed and keep the switchback unobstructed...
any thoughts?

Also, I really like the mudrat custom bumpers, but after reading the thread about the guy, and then seeing on nasioc about how hes a scammer, I'd really rather not deal with his kind. any alternatives?

Lifts, do they exist, can they be made? who would make them?
I'd love a 2-3" lift

also, if anyone cares, here's what i plan to do to it.
Its a 2005 Regal Blue Pearl Baja Turbo auto, just about every factory option including heated leather seats

-2-3" lift
-either build and install a carputer and hook it up to a 7" touch screen in the dash, or just settle for a touchscreen nav/music/etc... unit
-redo the sound, install a subwoofer and better speakers.
-bigger all terrain tires for mild offroading (suggestions?)
-mudrat style bumper
-skid plates
-custom exhaust
-window tinting
-nerf bars like the ones on the stx concept. or if possible, the sidestep bars like the ones on subaru's forester mountain rescue concept. those would be awesome.
-gold wheels
-bug shield

probably a couple things im leaving off my to do list.

thank. feel free to comment on my plans or give your suggestions as well.
Zooom
Scoobytruck Master

Re: some questions regarding my new baja

Post by Zooom »

on the subs...I think there is an accessory sub unit available for under the seat. Don't know what kind of output it has, but it can provide the base for which to be able to upgrade it, as a starting point of possibility.
casteater
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by casteater »

I have a Boss Bass 600 self powered sub in my baja. it fits perfectly under the passenger seat. its not a 10" though, it an 8" with a 600w amp. it gives me more than enough bass and i can still use the fold down door thing in the back, which was one of the main reasons i went with this system. i would have liked something a little bigger but i still wanted to use all the other features of the baja, like the back door. the other reason i got this was the price. it is only $114 and the sound quality is amazing! I also have a kenwood dnx8120 headunit and upgraded speakers which helps out a lot with the quality, but overall I'd say it is well worth it.
http://www.buy.com/prod/boss-audio-bass ... 42689.html
FUBARU
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by FUBARU »

awesome, that looks great.
I guess the only option is under the seat then, if i wish to maintain usability of all of the features.

has anyone ever heard of a dual sub set up? one under each seat?
and this might be a silly question, but does that sub under the seat "rattle" or vibrate the seat any?
thanks.
MiniTruck16
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by MiniTruck16 »

Well, sad to say its just 1 10" sub :) but Maybe under the drivers or passenger seat?

I'm taking out my whole back seat and putting in 2 15" subs.
My 2005 Baja is under construction and currently has no engine but my new engine comes this Tuesday