A Sad Sad Day

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

stefan
Scoobytruck Master

A Sad Sad Day

Post by stefan »

Hello all- Long time no post- but i do peek in a read once in a while- (special thanks to who ever posted the taillight bulb replacment thread- as I need to do this) But it is a sad sad day for this former Baja Owner- I sold my Baja over the weekend- My MIL's Kia Sportage took a crapper and she needed a AWD solution cheap and fast- I foolishly (jokingly??) told her she could take over the payments on mine (only a 8 months to go) She JUMPED on it and I was forced to spend BLACK FRIDAY in the dealership- BUT my repalcement???? Well what else- but another Subbie? No Bajas available so I settled for the next best thing- an 06 Outback Limited Wagon 2.5i. Was able to find a 5 speed Manual with only 50,000 miles. I will miss my Baja (my MIL only lives 1.5 miles away so I'll see the Baja all the time) and it gave me 50,000 miles of almost FLAWLESS performance- Hauled me and my gear wherever, was only stuck in the snow once (heck even the snowblower got stuck that day)- and never balked at starting (be it 16 below or 100 above!) and only asked for a little oil, gas and tires in return. I'll miss it!
I always wanted a BRAT, I had a Baja (sold) Now I have an Outback
speedymatt
Scoobytruck Master

Re: A Sad Sad Day

Post by speedymatt »

not too sad as it is still in the family and running. personally i'm holding out for the diesel forester or outback, thats about the only thing i'd let the baja go for.
seafajr.
Scoobytruck Lurker

Re: A Sad Sad Day

Post by seafajr. »

Make sure she puts it in her will that you get the Baja. :lol: