interesting problem

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

casteater
Scoobytruck Contributer

interesting problem

Post by casteater »

I have an '05 baja turbo with a 4EAT with a few engine mods to give it aroud 258hp. so heres my problem, everytime when i turn to the left with my foot on the gas the right side wheel starts grinding, if my foot is of the gas it does nothing, also it started to make the grinding noise when i am going down the interstate now also. it does not do it when i turn to the right. I just changed the wheel bearings and cv shaft and that made no difference at all. I am thinking that i might be the transmission but I don't know why that would only do it turning left. But the bigger problem is that we just got our first subaru dealership down here and they said that they don't work on them yet because none have broken so far, so I am pretty much on my own. any help is appreciated :D THANKS
Zooom
Scoobytruck Master

Re: interesting problem

Post by Zooom »

does it sound more like it is coming more from the front or the rear? and have you checked the suspension damping on the right side to see if there is something amiss when weight transfers to that side when you are turning left?
casteater
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by casteater »

I am 99% sure it is in the front. but i could be wrong. how would I check the suspension?
Zooom
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Zooom »

push down on each corner of the car and see how many times it bounces or takes to rebound up and down and then settle.
stefan
Scoobytruck Master

Post by stefan »

Also check the brakes- the caliper maybe sticking and the grinding your hearing is the pad warning system- it usually starts out when you step on the brakes- but NOT always- mine did the same thing as yours and it was just a stuck caliper.
I always wanted a BRAT, I had a Baja (sold) Now I have an Outback