New Baja recall

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

Zooom
Scoobytruck Master

Re: New Baja recall

Post by Zooom »

I talked to my local Scooby dealer and they were very nice on the phone...did my dealer to dealer speak as it were, and they have me set-up for Saturday and have my parts in stock...so we'll see how it all goes...
rxcoop
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by rxcoop »

took mine in last week. kit they were sent did not contain special required washer. had 1 other kith there....it also was devoid of required part. they call subaru and were told (oh gee, we'll have to get some out to you'.....so i guess we'll try again next week. gonna hit 'em up for a free oil change for my agony....
--
thanks//////coop

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However
a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
Zooom
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Zooom »

from giving keys to them to them giving them back...under 2 hours...done and had to air out the cabin of the fuel smell, but they warned me of that ahead of time....
RobRBaron
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by RobRBaron »

I brought mine in after a few weeks to let them figure out how to fix it. They told me that the same problem exists in Legacies so they had already done 65 others.
RobRBaron
Alpha Wolf
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Alpha Wolf »

Yes I found Subaru dealer would not make an appointment until they were officially notified by Subaru on this.

Which was 2 months later than I learned of it. Now if it is necessary for safety to do a recall you would think it would be done ASAP not after a 2 month wait to inform dealers of this.

Got ours done. No issues before though.
Turbo