Vinyl seat repair?

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

bulwnkl
Scoobytruck Master

Vinyl seat repair?

Post by bulwnkl »

Does anyone know whether they still make vinyl repair kits? I have a crack in my driver's seat that needs to be repaired, and I'd like an alternative that's less expensive than replacing the seat. :)
Any tips or tricks? Any brand(s) that is better or worse than another? Thanks for all info.
Hawk296
Scoobytruck Master

Re: Vinyl seat repair?

Post by Hawk296 »

I have the same problem. the left side bolster on the bottom of the drivers seat is cracking. I am thinking about taking it to an upholstery shop and having them re-cover that section of the seat. Let me know if you find a solution.
Deerhtr
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Deerhtr »

Question on this. Do either of you have seat covers on? Just wondering if the UVs are doing the damage. I have seat covers on mine and would like to avoid that problem.
bulwnkl
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bulwnkl »

Nope. No seat covers. It could be UV, but that seems unlikely to me since the factory glass blocks UV very well. Notice how you don't get a sunburn riding around in your Baja?
RickBaja06
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by RickBaja06 »

Pepboys sells in there stores a vinyl repair kit. It comes with mulitple color pastes and patches, along with the iron needed to activate the pastes and create the repair. It costs about $13.00 and I have used it to repair my convertable vinyl top on my Miata. Its not a perfect fix, but for $13.00 it a cheap way to stop the damage from spreading any further and if done right does not look half bad.

Its worth a try...