catalytic converters.

Baja's in the Sunshine State

Moderator: Highlander

basementangel
Scoobytruck Lurker

catalytic converters.

Post by basementangel »

The only CA legal aftermarket catalytic converter manufacturer for Subaru is Miller cat corp. I ordered a pair of "direct fitment" assemblies with miller cats from discountconverter.com The price was $1100. The dealer wants $1700. The fitment for the turbo downpipe cat was ok, but did not come with any heat shielding. The fitment for the 2nd cat (before the resonator pipe) was very tight and also had no shielding. The O2 sensor would not fit on this cat without cutting away/shaving down a section of the frame's center crossbeam. I am going to attempt to muffle the vibrations (of the two spots the cat rubs/vibrates against the frame) using rubber exhaust insulation rings. Aside from that, the performance is good, but that is in comparison to before. I did not have a check engine light, just a failed smog and poor gas mileage. i also replaced the exh temp sensor, air/fuel ratio sensor, and O2 sensor this round.
kamesama980
Scoobytruck Master

Re: catalytic converters.

Post by kamesama980 »

That sounds like a very poor deal. you should NOT have to modify the vehicle to fit a "oe fitment" part. I'd be giving them a call and confirming you got the right part and not one for a different model Subaru.
-Russell
"You don't get to judge me for how I fix what you break"
03 sport 5mt
05 turbo 5mt vf39 and other STI bits, 3" turbo-back