Idea for "OL-BRAT"

Subaru Brat Discussions - HEY BRAT PEOPLE. If you have any ideas for the Brat section of the site, please PM jaxed!
Flowmastered87GL
Scoobytruck Master

Idea for "OL-BRAT"

Post by Flowmastered87GL »

Well as most of you know I have the idea floating around in my head of having a Garnet Red Pearl Baja Sport with the plate NU-BRAT on it.

I would plan to keep it pretty stock with the only options being stuff like a bed extender and activity lights.

But the brat on the other hand.

Get this.

Take an 82-87 Brat (with a grey interior)
Paint it Garnet Red Pearl to match the Baja.
Fit it with an "RX" body kit (just the side skirts)
Gotta have jumpseats of course!
Probably hit up all the vac lines under the hood with red silicone instead of black rubber lines.
4 wheel disk brakes of course, maybe even paint the calipers red to match everything.
Inside maybe a simple CD player, nothing too fancy though.
But the seats... ahhhh since it will have a grey interior... I would go with 1985-86 GL-10 red velour "pimp style" seats. You will know em if you see em. THey are rare but are the coolest looking thing I think.
Probably fit it with a 5 speed dual range instead of the stock 4 speed.
Weber carb, maybe a hotter cam and exhaust.
Mmmmm makes for a fun brat.

Thoughts? Maybe ideas I missed?

I have plenty of time to plan this project so any suggestions are welcome.
2005 Baja Sport, 51k ("NU BRAT")
2004 Freightliner Columbia Day Cab 504k
ScreaminMimi
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by ScreaminMimi »

That would be neat... I thought about doing that with the '86, Monterey Silver over Brilliant Silver to match my Baja, but my playful side decided to go for the Viper Red... the "grey" is too conservative for a Brat... it needs to be flashy.

I have some ideas for custom decals in tan vinyl. I spoke to the sign cutter yesterday, they're doable and affordable. They can do full color too, so I may do the multicolor Gen 1 decal like my original '78's.

I'm trying to get a low roll bar and an A style bar for the front. Those will be white, along with the 15' pugs. I may need to fabricate some centercaps for the pugs, I'm not having much luck finding anything.

All the new body parts are in hand now and the rain finally let up... it should clear out by Monday, then the real work starts.
'78 Brat Stock 4 sp.
Ford Chrome Yellow/Red Decals
'86 Brat - T-tops, low topper - primer grey
'05 Baja Turbo 5 sp.
Monterey Silver/Brilliant Silver