Oye from NC!!!

Subaru Brat Discussions - HEY BRAT PEOPLE. If you have any ideas for the Brat section of the site, please PM jaxed!
Gizadrum
Scoobytruck Lurker

Oye from NC!!!

Post by Gizadrum »

Hello my fellow Brattlings, New to the site but not new to subarus however. Owned quite a few imprezas but only one BDRATT. My dad had a 78 and i enjoyed riding in it thoroughly but never really desired one.....until i saw this one quirky 84 with all its original ticking ea, tinking door chime, old 80s car musk, tailgate missing glory 25yrs later trolling craigslist for a subie parts wagon. It was such an odd but lucky chance scenario, i could eat up a whole page telling the story. Anyhow, its been with me 4yrs now and i hope to do a full resto-mod in the future when funds and space allow. Hope to meet some more owners. Currently only know of 4 others locally, 2 owned by a friend and other 2 i randomly spot maybe once or twice annually.
Original Ea81 powertrain. Mostly keeping her alive thru regular maintenance but I've upgraded the exhaust system, ditched the annoying hitachi carb in favor of the euro weber 32/36, custom brushguard and custom seat retrofit. If the ea quits one day, i might drop in an sohc ej2x and a xt/rx DR 5spd. Shes a work truck at the moment with regular but not daily demand but as soon as i get another workhorse and space, she will be getting more extensive work.

When i first saw her!

How she looks now!
Last edited by Gizadrum on Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikeeitup
Scoobytruck Contributer

Re: Oye from NC!!!

Post by mikeeitup »

Beautiful! Am very jealous. I myself was not alive for their release but every family member I know who was apparently got to drive one and loved them. Maybe someday I can grab one!
Mike
Gizadrum
Scoobytruck Lurker

Re: Oye from NC!!!

Post by Gizadrum »

Thanks mikeeitup. Look and you shall not find, dont seek and it shall fall in your lap haha