89 brat

Subaru Brat Discussions - HEY BRAT PEOPLE. If you have any ideas for the Brat section of the site, please PM jaxed!
Daniel.Berntsen
Scoobytruck Lurker

89 brat

Post by Daniel.Berntsen »

Hello! I'm a proud owner of a Subaru 1800 pickup (nickname in Norway) it's the second time now that I bought it back.. I bought the car when I was 17, learned to drive in that car :-) I really want to keep the car now, but parts for these types of cars is almost impossible to get here in Norway..
So the big question is, where can I buy parts that fits? Does the Brat share anything with the Leone?
Looking for 2 drive shafts front, new distributor with cap, thermostat, brakes front and back etc.. I was also thinking about fitting Weber carburetor, is that even possible?
Really hope for some good answers! :D
Acro2pilot
Scoobytruck Master

Re: 89 brat

Post by Acro2pilot »

When I first saw your post as having an 89 I was thinking what is he talking about, then I saw you were in Norway and you were one of the locations that still got the Brat after they stopped selling it here. Congrats on finding your original truck a rare thing!

There are lots of sources for parts, some of my favorites are rockauto.com and subaruparts.com ebay is also good for many parts. Pretty much anything with an EA81 is going to be the same when it comes to the big bits, there is some variation with trim and electrical but most of the stuff that breaks is universal on EA81s. I am not familiar with models and model names sold in Norway but look for anything with an EA81.

The weber fits, get the redline kit like this one, http://www.ebay.com/itm/Subaru-1985-198 ... 1A&vxp=mtr

To hear some people talk you would think it is a supercharger, while not that great it is a HUGE improvement in the engine performance and worth the cost.
Daniel.Berntsen
Scoobytruck Lurker

Re: 89 brat

Post by Daniel.Berntsen »

Cool! Yup, I think they sold the Brat here in Norway all the way up to 92'ish... Just put in an order for 2 drive shafts, from a shop called suzukisuper or something.. The sound of a Weber carb and that unmistakable boxerengine should perfect I guess!! :)