Missing gen 1 Brat Brake Parts (HELP)

Subaru Brat Discussions - HEY BRAT PEOPLE. If you have any ideas for the Brat section of the site, please PM jaxed!
belezeebub
Scoobytruck Lurker

Missing gen 1 Brat Brake Parts (HELP)

Post by belezeebub »

My Son replaced the calipers on his brat all on his own (yes I am proud) a few weeks later we had to replace the axel and I noticed a huge amount of slop in the front brake caliper so much slop that the darn thing fell off when I wiggled it. so I looked at the other side my son couldn't figure out how to get the "Caliper shims back in so he left them out :( and lost them, I have spend hours searching the internet been to 10 different wrecking yards and even tried the dealer no one can find or order them can anyone ID this part and point me in the right direction currently his Scoobytruck is on blocks, they don't come in a brake hardware kit or with a new caliper, Napa, Schucks, oraileys, all the local parts starts don't show a part number or even have it on an exploded diagram
Attachments
its bent at about a 30 degree angle and it about 3 inches long two of them per side to help lock in the caliper.
its bent at about a 30 degree angle and it about 3 inches long two of them per side to help lock in the caliper.
IMG_20110920_112907.jpg (40.75 KiB) Viewed 27638 times
hocrest
Scoobytruck Master

Re: Missing gen 1 Brat Brake Parts (HELP)

Post by hocrest »

It's been a while since I worked on my Brat, but I don't recall seeing anything like that.

I wonder if it is something that was put into place to make the wrong brake pads work??

What year is the Brat?
belezeebub
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by belezeebub »

hocrest wrote:It's been a while since I worked on my Brat, but I don't recall seeing anything like that.

I wonder if it is something that was put into place to make the wrong brake pads work??

What year is the Brat?

its a 1981 Brat I know the new caliper fits and matched the old one it does have front disks
hocrest
Scoobytruck Master

Post by hocrest »

Sorry, I can't picture it, and my Brat is locked in storage for now so I can't look. If you haven't yet, ask over here;
http://ultimatesubaru.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

There are many folks over there that are familiar with older Soobs.