need some info

Subaru Brat Discussions - HEY BRAT PEOPLE. If you have any ideas for the Brat section of the site, please PM jaxed!
irbfishing
Scoobytruck Lurker

need some info

Post by irbfishing »

my plan is to buy a subaru brat and put a 2005 wrx 2.0 turbo in it. i can get a wrecked 2005 wrx 2.0 turbo for 300 bucks. it was rolled 5 times but still runs and drives fine. what i want to know is if anyone has ever put a wrx 2.0 turbo in a brat and if it was a lot of work or did it go right in with out a fuss?
RebelYJ
Scoobytruck Lurker

Re: need some info

Post by RebelYJ »

It can be done, but really you don't want to...I DO however :P

But it is possible just need to think about how much work you're willing to put in and how much extra cash can you spend on fabbing like custom cv/drive shafts, notching frame to fit motor, LOTS of wiring, fuel lines and high pressure pump and the list goes on.

I hope you can go on with the project and would definitely be worth it in the end!

By the way, where the hell can you get a wrx for 300 bucks? I want one!
FUBARU
Scoobytruck Lurker

Re: need some info

Post by FUBARU »

whoa, talk about ambitious.
anything can be done w/ the right amount of cash and fab work....

do you plan on doing it yourself? or did you have a shop in mind that could/would do it for you.
if its the latter, go talk to the shop guys there and ask them if they're up to something like that.

if you do take on a project of this magnitude, and show that you can make good on it, you might be able to pick up a few sponsors....

im assuming that this will be a street car and not for off road purposes?
if so, you should think about hacking the fenders off of that wrx and molding them into the brat like that guy did on his model car sometime back. it looks awesome and w/ the drop, you'll have the hottest brat out there.

good luck.... and 300 for a "drives fine" 2005 wrx, is well, phenomenal.... so thats a good start buddy.