Our trucks are multiplying!

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

Flowmastered87GL
Scoobytruck Master

Our trucks are multiplying!

Post by Flowmastered87GL »

In the 14 or so miles to go pick my wife up from work today and come home I saw a total of 4 bajas (besides mine) 2 regal blue pearls (like mine.... 1 turbo 1 sport) 1 atlantic blue pearl (sport) and one silver (sport)

Way more than the usual baja ratio. As usual there was a large number or other subarus on the road today.
2005 Baja Sport, 51k ("NU BRAT")
2004 Freightliner Columbia Day Cab 504k
Kev M
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Kev M »

I've always been a "car guy" but I swear I never used to see any Bajas around here. But since I got mine 2 months ago I see them EVERYWHERE.

Couple of Silver ones, a Yellow/Gray one, a couple of dark Blue ones, a Red one etc....

I don't think they came out of the woodwork, I think I've just started to really pay attention. But who knows...
ebbie97
Scoobytruck Master

Post by ebbie97 »

Once you are a Baja owner, you develop some sort of Baja-radar! Even my wife is spotting Bajas left and right.
If there was just a way to make them aware of this site.
-EB
Dark Pony
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Dark Pony »

Whenever I see another baja I always honk and wave...some look at me funny but 95% of them wave back and laugh!! LOL
Flowmastered87GL
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Flowmastered87GL »

Dark Pony wrote:Whenever I see another baja I always honk and wave...some look at me funny but 95% of them wave back and laugh!! LOL
If you see my plate
<<<---------
...and do so and I will... ive exchanged a thumbs up before too driving next to one.
2005 Baja Sport, 51k ("NU BRAT")
2004 Freightliner Columbia Day Cab 504k
Pow
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Pow »

ebbie97 wrote:If there was just a way to make them aware of this site.
My answer to this is the 15" Scoobytruck.com sticker across the top of my rear window! Then you just need to pass the other Baja, but slow down a bit as you get in front of them to allow time for the url to sink in!

-Pow
ebbie97
Scoobytruck Master

Post by ebbie97 »

That is one way. I have only a 6" decal, but still gets noticed underneath the lisence plate. The difficulty is when you see a Baja in the opposite lane of the highway. Other than a big neon sign, I'm not having any suggestions how to get their attention.
-EB
bajabeauty

Post by bajabeauty »

Seems to me that some demographics are involved here...when I was in Oregon, New Mexico and Colrado I saw lots of Subies in general and more Bajas then in any other locals....I wonder which states have the most Bajas registered, that would be interesting to see which states are the highest in ownership. Here in TX it is ultra rare, but I did just meet another Baja person who is interested in our sight... :)