Adding Cabin Air Filtration to 03 Baja Sport?

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

davecoon13
Scoobytruck Master

Adding Cabin Air Filtration to 03 Baja Sport?

Post by davecoon13 »

When I purchased my 03 Baja Sport, an option was the cabin air filter system. I did not get that installed.

How hard would it be to add this option myself?

Are there components besides the air filters themselves, like clips or something that must be installed to hold the filters in place?

I saw it at subaruxtras.com, but I was uncertain if that was just the filters, or the whole kit. What other parts are needed besides the filters themselves?

I found instructions here (these have poor image clarity, try the ones below that I scanned), but it is still unclear to me if the filters themselves are all that is needed or if extra brackets and hardware are needed. Please advise!
Last edited by davecoon13 on Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
davecoon13
Scoobytruck Master

Post by davecoon13 »

I got my filter kit from Ebay. it is the genuine Subaru OEM kit.

It came with detailed instructions, which I attempted to scan as a PDF, try this.
davecoon13
Scoobytruck Master

Post by davecoon13 »

I can't seem to squeeze in the sides of the glovebox enough to disengage the knock pins. Maybe I will wait til my next oil change and let the techs install this.

Is there an easy way to disengage the knock pins? I don't want to break anything.
davecoon13
Scoobytruck Master

Re: Adding Cabin Air Filtration to 03 Baja Sport?

Post by davecoon13 »

I did it! I got tired of paying to have mechanics replace the filters. The newest aftemarket ones I got from ebay came with better instructions than the Subaru OEM instructions. I will see if I kept the instructions and can scan them and post 'em here. It was surprisingly easy and I saved $30 in labor costs. It took less than 5 minutes total. Less than $20 total from ebay with shipping costs, a far cry from the $65 dealer cost.
Dave Coon
www.nflcrimes.com
SilverStone Metallic
2003 Baja Sport 4EAT
"Capped" with A.R.E. Topper