How about a sccobytruck.com calendar?

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

yellowblaze
Scoobytruck Master

How about a sccobytruck.com calendar?

Post by yellowblaze »

I just found out the my Mustang is going to be in a calendar for a Mustang site I belong to. I thought it was a really cool idea, and I have seen some cool pics of member's Bajas doing what they do best (rally x, off road-even some just lookin pretty) and thought it would be neat to have one for this site too. I don't have the program to really make it look good, but I thought I would see what people thought and if someone here would volunteer to do it up. If someone can set it up, it can be sold through Cafepress. Maybe have everyone submit a pic or two and vote for the top ones? The one my Stang is in has multiple cars per month to fit more in (I think my month has 5, some have 3 or 4)-but one per month would also work, depending on the number of submissions. They would have to be high quality (as in not 640x480 or whatever the standard "email" size is) to print nicely, and be a good background...

Thoughts?
jaxed
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Post by jaxed »

I'm game. I can host the images and do the dirty work. I have a cafepress account as well so setting it up will be a breeze. I can set up a vote for the "best" 12.

We just need members to send in pix.
yellowblaze
Scoobytruck Master

Post by yellowblaze »

This is the other calendar for ideas: http://www.cafepress.com/cp/prod.aspx?p ... g.81476577

This was the requirements:

IMAGE REQUIREMENTS:
1600x1200 pixel image of your car
NO rear views, NO engine shots, front only,)
Should be a photo of the car and not mostly background

OTHER REQURIEMENTS & NOTES:
You must be a member of gotstang and have a webpage
Your images must meet the minimum requirements
You're not guaranteed to be in the calendar if in the event there are too many applicants. In that case the best images (not the best cars) will be chosen.

Since you need to be a mod in the forum to post a poll, here's my thought-start a thread for the smaller versions of the pics to be considered (so the full size version isn't so huge people to scroll over to see it). Close it after a certain time, and then have the mod for this part or jaxed create a poll to vote on the top 12 (if there are more images than space). I don't know how long it will take to put the final product together, but we need to have the poll open for a few days at least..
jaxed
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Post by jaxed »

Ok, I've created a submit thread elsewhere. This thread is now locked.

http://scoobytruck.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=745