Car Wash

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

stefan
Scoobytruck Master

Car Wash

Post by stefan »

I have always HATED Car finish maintanence- I dread washing the things (don't even get me started on waxing) But for some reason I LOVE washing the Baja!!!!! It got it's second Bath last night (using that 2 Bucket system -Thanks Yellowblaze!!!) that is 2 times the car washes than my Dakota has gotten in the past Year!!!!- Now I still hate to wax- (MY Sport was Simonized in 03 and still beads up water) but I tried this new Stuff called EAGLE spray on wax- (you all know the stuff) and I liked it (actually I loved what it did- It was very humid last night and My Second chamios is MIA so I only had the one to work with- and I was sure I was gonna have watermarks this AM- But NONE- except on the windows)- Now I asked my wife to give me the gohead to order one of those Clay kits- cause dang it it was just Fun to wash and Claying looks like a blast too (and it would give my daughter something to do- as she love to wash cars- but does not pay attention to what she is doing- and is SO SLOW that the cars dry before she has time to even rinse!) So I started looking for the Clay kits at my local Walnut (yea I'm cheap) to no avail- I;m gonna stop at Auto Foam (Zone) tonight to see if they have em- if not I guess I'll have to order on online-
I always wanted a BRAT, I had a Baja (sold) Now I have an Outback
jaxed
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Post by jaxed »

Yeah, that two-bucket system rawkz!
yellowblaze
Scoobytruck Master

Post by yellowblaze »

Advance & Autozone both have the Mothers one-K&S in Tonawanda has the Meguiars one.
stefan
Scoobytruck Master

Post by stefan »

Thank Blaze- I have an Autozone near me- Hey I saw a Yellow Baja with the ARE cap this weekend on the I-90- heading West (between Rochester and Syaracuse) Was that You???
yellowblaze
Scoobytruck Master

Post by yellowblaze »

Nope-no cap :) Was in Detroit for the Woodward Dream Cruise with our Mustang!
stefan
Scoobytruck Master

Post by stefan »

Oh well- Say 4 other bajas over the weekend- 2 on the I-90 (the yellow and a red one) then 2 on the way home from camp- the Yellow Hole Works one- and another red one!
bajabob
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bajabob »

My preferred car wash method -
charity car wash with girls in bikinis

Bob
stefan
Scoobytruck Master

Post by stefan »

Hmmm- I don't think my wife would like that!!!!!
Flowmastered87GL
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Flowmastered87GL »

<quagmire>

giggity giggity giggity

all right :twisted:

</quagmire>
2005 Baja Sport, 51k ("NU BRAT")
2004 Freightliner Columbia Day Cab 504k
Hawk296
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Hawk296 »

yellowblaze wrote:Nope-no cap :) Was in Detroit for the Woodward Dream Cruise with our Mustang!
How did you like it? Kinda poopy with all the rain :(

I live a mile from woodward so I made it out there for a bit in my brothers Gremlin. I didnt think it was as good as previous years but it was still fun.
yellowblaze
Scoobytruck Master

Post by yellowblaze »

Hawk296 wrote:
yellowblaze wrote:Nope-no cap :) Was in Detroit for the Woodward Dream Cruise with our Mustang!
How did you like it? Kinda poopy with all the rain :(

I live a mile from woodward so I made it out there for a bit in my brothers Gremlin. I didnt think it was as good as previous years but it was still fun.

What's woodward without rain? lol. We've come up every year since 03 with the yellow mustang registry-with our green mustang (our yellow is in resto).

What color gremlin? saw a light blue one around. our pics are here: http://www.rodandpiston.com/pictures.as ... woodward06

and one of the stang at flat rock:

Hawk296
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Hawk296 »

I see those yellow mustangs every year! There is always a huge parade. I made a few laps on friday night and middle of the day sat. in my brothers 74' AMC Gremlin. Its light blue with a white stripe.

Edit:
While looking through your pics I found a picture of my brother!
In fact thats probably right before I hopped in the car with some friends. I was in birmingham getting a free lunch and hopped in the Gremlin right by the chevy area where woodward and old woodward meet.

And there are even some pics of some of my friends hanging out by the Helldorado at autozone and a holden. wow, kinda creepy.
yellowblaze
Scoobytruck Master

Post by yellowblaze »

sorry for the thread hijack, lol.

That would be the gremlin I remembered-I thought I had a pic of it.

Yeah, the YMR had a big meet elsewhere this year so we had a small showing-we're always at the end getting heckled because our stang isn't yellow. (duh, like we didnt know). Should have another big group again next year, the new "owner" lives in Canton, so he wants to make it a bg deal. We'll be back next year-maybe even with our yellow!

We did more laps last year. We did learn to hop off and avoid the portion that goes under the 696 a few years back-yikes. We actually made it to pontiac this year though-a bit wilder crowd down that way, lol.