Lower Drivers Seat?

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

Clint
Scoobytruck Lurker

Lower Drivers Seat?

Post by Clint »

Anyone know of any methods to lower the drivers seat? Sliding it back makes it so my head doesn't hit, but then I have trouble reaching the clutch. Tilting it back gets awkward and hard to reach the wheel. I'm not even that tall! 5'11"
2005 Subaru Baja 5-Speed Turbo
2002 Subaru WRX 5-Speed
A whole lot of Fiero's
ebbie97
Scoobytruck Master

Post by ebbie97 »

I'm 6'3" and have no problems what so ever. My seat is all the way back and is slightly tilted, and I'm still sitting in an up-right position. What is different in your set-up?
-EB
Clint
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Clint »

Titled? It does not have power seats or the height-adjuster like our WRX does. I have the 5-speed turbo baja with Sunroof and faux-leather (pleather) seats. My hair keeps rubbing on the trim around the sunroof. I have looked for ways to tilts the entire seat (not just the back) and haven't discovered any.
2002 Subaru WRX 5-Speed
A whole lot of Fiero's
Clint
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Clint »

ebbie97 wrote:I'm 6'3" and have no problems what so ever. My seat is all the way back and is slightly tilted, and I'm still sitting in an up-right position. What is different in your set-up?
-EB
Perhaps your longer legs let you keep the seat back farther. The farther back it is the lower it gets.
2002 Subaru WRX 5-Speed
A whole lot of Fiero's
Clint
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Clint »

Must be I am the only one that has this problem?
2002 Subaru WRX 5-Speed
A whole lot of Fiero's
Flowmastered87GL
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Flowmastered87GL »

Clint wrote:Must be I am the only one that has this problem?
I had issues when I first got it. My GL had fairly upright seats, my brothers STi has REALLY upright seats and with the baja I THINK that I have the seats reclined 2 notches. Maybe 1.

Most other cars I have them as upright as possible (and slid all the way back)

I do have my seat all the way back but my head touches the roof when I have the seatback in full upright (landing :lol: ) position

I am about 6 foot 243lbs so I am not tiny (though not enormous either)
2005 Baja Sport, 51k ("NU BRAT")
2004 Freightliner Columbia Day Cab 504k
Spacinjasman
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Spacinjasman »

Clint wrote:Must be I am the only one that has this problem?
:D I also am 5' 10", and while my head doesn't rub on ceiling or anything, I had a real tough time finding a comfortable driving position for a while after I bought my Baja (no power seats). Seemed like when I found a comfortable spot where my arms were reaching the steering wheel comfortably, my legs were hitting the steering column, especially when using clutch. When I moved seat back to give my legs enough room, seemed like my arms were having to stretch to reach steering wheel! I have gotten use to the Baja now, and find myself reclining the seat back slightly when on freeway, and straightening it back up a bit when driving in city (more comfortable reach to steering wheel).
I'm glad I'm not that big, or I don't know if I could get comfortable in my Baja. I do love the seats, I find them comfortable and supportive!
Spacinjason
'06 Baja Turbo MT
'06 Silver Baja Turbo MT
Pow
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Pow »

Ditto to Flowmastered's response, I'm of similar build as well.

-Pow