It's definately over

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

cyphergirl
Scoobytruck Master

It's definately over

Post by cyphergirl »

Despite SOA's "no comment" stance, they wouldn't let http://www.subarubaja.com rot if they were planning on keeping it. They own the domain until 2011, but they appear to have pulled the plug on the website.

*sigh* It's done.
Atomis
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Atomis »

*pets his car* *shakes head*
NOTBRAT
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by NOTBRAT »

I just visited the Subaru factory in Indiana on Tuesday. The tour guide/HR associate told us the Baja ceased production at the end of March. :cry:
Spacinjasman
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Spacinjasman »

8) Well, it's too bad Subaru is pulling the plug on such a neat little vehicle. Maybe with a little advertising, marketing, etc. they could have sold more units. It would have been neat to see Baja's in some rally racing, that could have possibly helped sales.
On the plus side, those of us that have Baja's have a vehicle that is going to become rather rare which may help the vehicle hold it's value. I'm not personally worried about parts availability, I don't think that will be an issue for many years, and parts off other Subarus can possibly be interchanged (like off an OBW maybe).
I love my Baja Turbo and everyone I have let drive it thinks it kicks butt. I love the versatility of my Baja! I'm glad I bought one this year as I didn't know they were going to discontinue them until after I bought it.
SpacinjasonImage
'06 Silver Baja Turbo MT
yellowblaze
Scoobytruck Master

Post by yellowblaze »

Like this?

Spacinjasman
Scoobytruck Contributer

yeah

Post by Spacinjasman »

yellowblaze wrote:Like this?

8) Yeah! How come I never saw anything like that in a Baja ad or commercial? Thanks for posting the picture Yellowblaze!
Spacinjason
'06 Silver Baja Turbo MT
Atomis
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Atomis »

I just went into my dealer to pick up my short throw shifter kit and was talking with the parts guy.....said that subaru sent a letter to em saying they are recalling the parts back to the subie parts hub.......that means 100% special orders =(
BahaRishi Steve
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by BahaRishi Steve »

Atomis wrote:I just went into my dealer to pick up my short throw shifter kit and was talking with the parts guy.....said that subaru sent a letter to em saying they are recalling the parts back to the subie parts hub.......that means 100% special orders =(
Well, that sucks. Talk about adding insult to injury....geez. :x

Thanks for the info.
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

BahaRishi Steve wrote:
Atomis wrote:I just went into my dealer to pick up my short throw shifter kit and was talking with the parts guy.....said that subaru sent a letter to em saying they are recalling the parts back to the subie parts hub.......that means 100% special orders =(
Well, that sucks. Talk about adding insult to injury....geez. :x

Thanks for the info.
Sounds like they want to pick your pocket a bit. That SUCKS. Mike