ANYBODY HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THEIR SPEAKERS?

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

bajabeauty

ANYBODY HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THEIR SPEAKERS?

Post by bajabeauty »

I just got a new Baja, my old baja had the speakers go out, and now my new baja turbo had the right side front door go out, as if its blown. Only had the car a week, and I do not blast the stereo unresonably. I asked the dealer if they would replace that @ the same time they install my subwoofer.......does no good to have a subwoofer installed w/ a blown speaker. So......anyone install new speakers and tweeters and still keep the factory covers on? If so, what kind and all the good info to go w/ it.
Texas S
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Texas S »

Hey, another Texas BajaT!!

I haven't had this problem but there's a few threads about it on the NASIOC website, Baja forum if you search it... apparently kinda common.
chicken n waffles
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by chicken n waffles »

my only problem with the speakers/stereo in general is that they're WEAKSAUCE. 80 watts? i know subaru's weak spot is their factory stereos, but jesus...
-Ben
'05 Baja Turbo M/T
Atlantic Blue
bajabeauty

Post by bajabeauty »

Hey theres my twin....you got good taste brother! If I changed out the speaker.....could I still keep the factory cover? I'm so afraid of those stereo installs I hear where doors are cut and what not.
chicken n waffles
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by chicken n waffles »

i'm far... FAR from an audiophile, but i'm sure you could get speakers that would fit behind the stock covers.

ps - atlantic blue turbos FTW
-Ben
'05 Baja Turbo M/T
Atlantic Blue
Pow
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Pow »

If I remember correctly I've got Infinity Reference 6012si cones at all 4 corners. They're short depth so they even fit the rear doors. Picked these up after a recommendation in the NASIOC forums.

Still missing good low end as I don't have a real sub. If I didn't mind having the rear seat down 24/7 (and not being able to put my front seat back at all) I'd throw the 3-way box with 10-inchers into the back. Used to tote this thing around in the back of an Isuzu Amigo, had great sound to it.

-Pow