Satellite Radio

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

Kev M
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Kev M »

I gotcha, so you put the antenna on the dash at the far right (passenger's) side of the dash?

Kev
ebbie97
Scoobytruck Master

Post by ebbie97 »

The right side of my dash doesn't show in the picture. The antenna is actually in the center of the dash. The wire than runs to the windshield, hooks right along the windshield towards the passenger door, than down the side of the dash, than back to the center along the separation of airbag and glove box areas, down the center console trim to the shifter trim. I took off the shifter trim and ran the wire underneath into the compartment where the cigarette lighter is. All the wires are tucked behind the bracket I've used to mount the Sirius Starmate. ( see pictures earlier on this topic). By using a splitter I can still use my cell charger.
-EB
Kev M
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Kev M »

Ahh, ok, I can picture it now.

Cool.

I'll post when we decide on and install ours.

Kev
banner
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by banner »

I just bought the sportscaster for XM. I'm thinking of mounting the head unit to the headliner to the rear of the map lights right before the moonroof. This way it can't be seen from the outside and I don't need to use that huge mounting device they give you.

Also I really can't think of anyplace else to mount it on the dashboard without losing one of the storage spaces on my center console.
06 Baja N/A