Baja sti

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

kidjoe
Scoobytruck Contributer

Baja sti

Post by kidjoe »

Has anyone upgraded there Baja-T. Specifically can you upgrade the Baja -T motor to an STi. What exactly would this take? Also, from what I've seen the 03 legacy hood should fit the Baja?!?! I've also read that the Legacy came in STi form in Japan. Would anyone have a picture of the Legacy STi (pics of the hood). Does it have the same hood scoop as the WRX STi?
Hawk296
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Hawk296 »

THere have been a few people who ahve STIed their Baja Ts. Really all you need to do is swap out the TD04 for a VF39, STI intercooler, piping and Bypass valve, swap out the ECU for an 04STI and then put on te Bosal/sti catless uppipe on. STi fuel pump wouldnt hurt either. And to be truley STI, a blinging red inlet manifold!

Our hood is pretty much the Legacy B4 (turbo) hood from Japan but its steel instead of aluminum.
kidjoe
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by kidjoe »

how about the STi brakes will they bolt on or is there heavy modification involved? I guess I would need larger wheels!?!?
Hawk296
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Hawk296 »

STI brakes are mucho expensive, but if you have the cash anything is possible. You would have to get wheels that will clear and you have to get 2004 sti front brakes only. THe bolt pattern changes after 04 so if you got later ones, youde have to swap hubs too ( a major pain). As long as you get everything brake related for the STI the fronts shouldn't be too hard to put on. the rears are a different story though.
bajabob
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bajabob »

kidjoe wrote:how about the STi brakes will they bolt on or is there heavy modification involved? I guess I would need larger wheels!?!?
Yep even used they are big bucks, look here-
http://www.toronto-subaru-club.com/foru ... hp?t=89409

Bob
kidjoe
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by kidjoe »

Thanks for the response guys! Will I need to replace the master cylinder or the proportioning valve if I upgrade to the 04 STi set up? Have either of you upgraded your brakes? Any suggestions on wheels to use are there any subaru factory wheels that would suit this sort of set up?
Hawk296
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Hawk296 »

STi wheels?