Stock speakers vs. upgraded spakers and sub

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

rfugitt
Scoobytruck Contributer

Stock speakers vs. upgraded spakers and sub

Post by rfugitt »

Has anyone listened to both the standard speakers and the upgraded ones with the sub/amp ? Is it worth $200 ?
Flowmastered87GL
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Flowmastered87GL »

I am wondering this too....

I have the stock 4 speakers right now and I am considering swapping over to the upgraded speakers, amp/sub, and tweeters. My local subaru dealer has a pretty good deal on their e-bay store sometimes.
2005 Baja Sport, 51k ("NU BRAT")
2004 Freightliner Columbia Day Cab 504k
K.C. Clayton
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by K.C. Clayton »

Go after market, I got the upgrade and sub on my purchase in June. It sounds good but 80w is JUST NOT ENOUGH. I have awhole new system going in in spring.
Flowmastered87GL
Scoobytruck Master

So you wanna sell the take out units? :D

I'm in Portland so I could pick em up as long as the stereo shop doesnt butcher them and they would be plug and play to my 05 sport.
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

My 03 came with the upgraded speakers and amp. Sounds good enough to me. I don't need to loose anymore hearing anyways. Besides, if I go nutz on a stereo, someone is always interested in removing it. With the stock units in place, nobody gives it a second look. Mike
K.C. Clayton
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by K.C. Clayton »

I don't see any reason not to sell them, the only thing is that it wouldn't be until spring.

I understand the hearing thing, but I'm not going way out there, just enough to give a better sound. The installer I have will make it look like stock so no one will give it a second thought.
2005 Baja Turbo (Montery Silver)
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

Stock looking is good, so it doesn't get stolen. Although you can keep the alarm armed all the time. I have mine in permanent valet mode, because my remote start would set it off sometimes when I used it. The neighbors prolly didn't like that early in the mornin. Mike
Flowmastered87GL
Scoobytruck Master

Hey I can wait til spring... gives me time to clean out the garage and sell the brat and stuff so I have afew extra bucks around to buy the parts.

I figure getting em used helps out another board member, is probably easier than selling them on e-bay and saves me money from having to go to Carr Subaru to buy em.