FS:2003 Baja Transmission and Differential, Recently rebuilt

Marketplace for Subaru Baja & Brat related things. Vehicles, accessories, eBay auctions...

Moderators: mikenmel08, 03ClassicYellow

Nitro350Z
Scoobytruck Master

FS:2003 Baja Transmission and Differential, Recently rebuilt

Post by Nitro350Z »

I have the transmission and rear differential from a 2003 Subaru Baja. Transmission code is TY754VCDCA, It's the 5mt with 4.11 Gearing and the rear differential is limited slip.

The transmission has 120k miles on it. It was fully rebuilt, including a brand new center differential, at 112k miles. Would have been much cheaper to just replace with a used one but I figured that now I know that the transmission is solid and there wont be any surprises.

Selling because I ended up getting a good deal at an auction for a wrecked 2010 WRX and I swapped the entire drivetrain. I can't use my old one since the axle style is different and the WRX trans is 3.9 gearing so I no longer need the Baja transmission or rear differential. Just trying to get some money back from having the transmission rebuilt and doing the swap. Transmission sounded perfect when I was using it, felt practically brand new (as it should after a rebuild)

Transmission - $1400
Rear Differential - $250

Package Deal - $1550

Also have the stock flywheel, pressure place, and clutch from the Baja (were replaced at 70k miles by previous owner at a local subaru dealership) so they have 50k miles on them. Shoot me an offer if you're interested.

I'm located in Winnipeg, MB. But I'm willing to ship to anywhere in Canada or the US.

PM or post in this thread if you're interested.

Pending Sale on package deal
Last edited by Nitro350Z on Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
LrgLnrd
Scoobytruck Contributer

Re: FS:2003 Baja Transmission and Differential, Recently reb

Post by LrgLnrd »

Hey so I am looking into replacing my clutch on my 03 baja N/A and have the infamous (supposedly) input shaft Bearing...IIRC growl as well. This seems like it could be a perfect solution but am worried about how much it will cost to ship everything to the states.
Im in Pittsburgh PA 15206 if you might be able to get a quote on how much shipping would be.
Also are you throwing in the clutch and flywheel with the trans or are you trying to sell it all separately?
And how flexible on the price are you? I will have to wait for my income tax return but could be really interested.
How many miles did you put on the transmission before you swapped it out for the WRX one?
My BAJA has over 183k on it and its all original...so its definitely time to look into repairing/replacing mine and this could be perfect.
If you could let me know what would work for you and what you could do for price I would really appreciate it.
Thanks,
Greg
Nitro350Z
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Nitro350Z »

Send you a message with all the info you requested. We'll keep in touch.
LrgLnrd
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by LrgLnrd »

Sounds great!!!! Thanks for the quick reply....
Greg
LrgLnrd
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by LrgLnrd »

Hey I tried to email you yesterday and am just trying to touch base with you.
Shhot me a message on email if you get this.
Greg