Hi all***new member and Looking to buy a baja for for 6-10k

Marketplace for Subaru Baja & Brat related things. Vehicles, accessories, eBay auctions...

Moderators: mikenmel08, 03ClassicYellow

kingair130
Scoobytruck Lurker

Hi all***new member and Looking to buy a baja for for 6-10k

Post by kingair130 »

Hello all,

Wanted to introduce myself as I'm new to the group and want to thank everyone for the great info I've already found on here.

I live in the NYC metro area, but am willing to travel (work for an airline so i can travel easily for very cheap) . preferrably manual, leather...and not yellow. High miles is fine as long as it's in good condition and person can provide a history report on what has been replaced...so I know where I'm at with the vehicle. Been scanning craigslist for a while now but haven't had too much luck.

Also looking for some advice and recommendations from anyone for things I should pay particular attention to when buying a Baja, as I have never owned a subaru and have only been up close to a Baja once at a sleazy dealer. I am an airplane mechanic for a living so I have some sort of mechanical sense, but other than the head gasket issue this era of subarus are known, I'm not sure what to be looking out for?

Unrelated; I am selling my electric blue IROC-Z 350 TPI T-Tops 1989 camaro with around 133xxx miles if you would be interested in a partial trade as I am looking to get it off my driveway. It is is in perfect running condition just has some rough spots with paint around lower portion of doors and needs a new headliner. Head gaskets, valves, and some other major engine components were replaced around 3000 miles ago ($2300) so it's got a lot more life expected ahead. Also put in all around new brakes and pads about 200 miles ago. It's been a Minnesota/North Dakota car with virtually all highway miles all it's life up until I brought it to NY a few months ago, but it's been sitting in my driveway. I love the car, but I've started to grow old of it and looking for something new and different (a Baja!)

Thanks
tomato_88
Scoobytruck Master

Re: Hi all***new member and Looking to buy a baja for for 6-

Post by tomato_88 »

Welcome to the community.
I purchased my 03 Baja a few months ago. It has 158000 miles on it. I paid 7500 for it... that's even with it being in California where they go for a premium.
Keep looking. You will love it when you get it.
kingair130
Scoobytruck Lurker

Re: Hi all***new member and Looking to buy a baja for for 6-

Post by kingair130 »

Thanks for the feedback pal,

I'm getting reaaally impatient finding the right one...can't wait!

I will keep you posted!