Re: Multi-Purpose Light/Brush Bar w/optional Skid Plate & Wi

Post by Nickybots110 »

Pm was sent and deposit also
Skemcin
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Skemcin »

anarchy1024 | Nickybots110 | steven765

Thank you both for your deposits. I've already got them in the cue and they will be squeezed into this batch of bars. I will calculate final payments and shipping information tonight.

@anarchy1024 - can you email the alternate shipping address you provided before?

@Nickybots110 - can you submit your options using the link provided in the previous post so I can get that detail in?

@steven765
- the bars are sand blasted before they are powder coated.

Thanks again guys.
steven765
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by steven765 »

never mind as long as they use the proper coarseness and type of silica carbon mix that should give the metal good adherence for the coat.
anarchy1024
Scoobytruck Master

Post by anarchy1024 »

Sent PM with address.
Skemcin wrote:anarchy1024 | Nickybots110 | steven765
@anarchy1024 - can you email the alternate shipping address you provided before?
Thanks again guys.
Skemcin
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Skemcin »

All PMs and E-Mails replied.

Let me know if there are any questions.
STI2NR
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by STI2NR »

steven765 wrote:
STI2NR wrote:
steven765 wrote:yea i'm most worried about the tubing, i see that rust a lot. too bad you didn't use stainless.
I want to say that using stainless would easily add about 50-75% to the cost.
Who are you sourcing from?

http://www.onlinemetals.com/merchant.cf ... &top_cat=0

8' pipe of SS 304 for 53$
STI2NR wrote: Stainless is a bit heavier and less forgiving if you make a mistake i.e. bending.
Ah see that I didn't know.
I am sourcing it locally. I used 20' of schedule 40 304 stainless and 5' of 2.5"x1/4" 304 stainless flat bar. They wanted 161 but I had 140 cash on me and that is what they sold it to me for.

The entire setup weighs nearly 35 pounds. The trade off is the incredible strength of it. I am sure gorilla can agree to this. As for mass production though it is really not cost effective. It is harder to work with as well as more time consuming.
Skemcin
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Skemcin »

Look what we picked up tonight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0QJVYbuF6c&rel=0

Sorry for the bad photos, wife has the real camera.
baja_gernaut
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by baja_gernaut »

Those bars look real good, I can't wait to get it installed.
Skemcin
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Skemcin »

## UPDATE ##

All the bars are packed and ready to go out. We are not sure if they are going out Monday or Tuesday - this is pending the quickness of the FedEx Business Account Manager to finalize our business account. I anticipate you will receive them near the end of the coming week or the following Monday or Tuesday at the latest. Let me know if there are any questions.

In the meantime, maybe this will hold you over and get you excited at the same time.

## DEMONSTRATION ##

This is my 2002 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport equipped with a Superwinch UTV4000 mounted to the Gorilla Light Bar. My driveway is about two car lengths and I have not yet calculated the incline.

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qzNhocl ... re=channel

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r_Pv2ig ... re=channel

Part 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIVMog6w ... re=channel

Part 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaMyIFd6 ... re=channel

Enjoy!
koehlean
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by koehlean »

Were you planning on sending tracking numbers... Or could I request one? Thanks!
2005 Subaru Baja Turbo 5 Sp. Good luck finding one of these. This is only one vehicle in a weird collection... all of which are ready to go!
Skemcin
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Skemcin »

## UPDATE ##

We originally wanted the bars shipped today or tomorrow but two things have delayed that to the end of the week - so for that I do sincerely apologize for the couple extra days it will take to receive your bar.

The short of it is we experience some delays with setting up our business shipping account. It took a couple extra days - we did not expect that to be an issue. Additionally, we had the two extra bars come in at the last minute and to save the most in shipping, we have to ship them all at the same time.

My business partner is handling the shipping and he's been working with both FedEx and UPS to see if we can reduce the shipping. I'll keep you informed as things are locked into place.

Tracking numbers and any other relevant shipping information will be e-mailed to everyone individually.

Again, I do apologize for the extra days - overall I'm happy everything else was able to stay on track.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Thank you for your patience.
Nickybots110
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Nickybots110 »

Any info on the shipping yet?
Gr3en
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Gr3en »

UPDATE on shipping

I work with Skemcin and am in charge of shipping the bars out to you all. We are waiting on the powdercoater to finish up the remaining bars. They are projected to be done this Saturday and the bar will ship out Monday. You will have them by the middle/end of next week. Emails with tracking info will follow.
Thanks for the support and I hope you enjoy the bars as much as we do! These things are amazingly well built, and will be a great piece for your Baja.
baja_gernaut
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by baja_gernaut »

Gr3en wrote:UPDATE on shipping

I work with Skemcin and am in charge of shipping the bars out to you all. We are waiting on the powdercoater to finish up the remaining bars. They are projected to be done this Saturday and the bar will ship out Monday. You will have them by the middle/end of next week. Emails with tracking info will follow.
Thanks for the support and I hope you enjoy the bars as much as we do! These things are amazingly well built, and will be a great piece for your Baja.
So what's the word, is it going out this week? Just wondering because I thought it was an account issue and now it is a powdercoat delay, kinda confused. [smilie=boggl3y3dummy-ani.gif]
Gr3en
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Gr3en »

baja_gernaut wrote:
Gr3en wrote:UPDATE on shipping

So what's the word, is it going out this week? Just wondering because I thought it was an account issue and now it is a powdercoat delay, kinda confused. [smilie=boggl3y3dummy-ani.gif]
Bars are shipping out today. Thanks for the patience, guys! These turned out really nice! I hope you all enjoy them and thanks for supporting us.