Scoobytruck Contributer

Re: Multi-Purpose Light/Brush Bar w/optional Skid Plate & Wi

Post by baja_gernaut »

yes [smilie=666.gif]
Gr3en
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Gr3en »

Please let me know by PM if you did not receive a tracking number through FedEx website.
Gr3en
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Gr3en »

A lot of the bars will be delivered today. :)
das_fool
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by das_fool »

just got word it was delivered to the shop....it's gonna be a long day. Want to leave early and install the new toy! [smilie=666.gif]
baja_gernaut
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by baja_gernaut »

Crap, I have to wait until tomorrow. Damn it man
bajamudd
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bajamudd »

I got mine today!!! :D...but the box was in really rough shape. A massive hole was in it. Was there any hardware that was supposed to come with it? if so I did not get any.

CANNOT WAIT TO PUT IT ON
Nickybots110
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Nickybots110 »

I got my winch today just waiting on the bar. I got all excited when my wife said a package came but it wasn't it. Oh I have a serious itch right now
das_fool
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by das_fool »

Thought it'd have mounting hardware?? I unwrapped it very carefully to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Also, at first glance, it looks like the center support falls about 4 inches below where it mounts to. I'm not a mechanical genius, and will take another look at it again this morning. I may be missing something, but when I line it up with the front mounting holes (kinda hard to miss those) the bar is very close to the bumper. I'm concerned about the fit, but like I said, it was late and the lighting was poor when I tried to fit it.

BTW, the bar looks great! (now if only I could figure out how to mount it :lol: )
bajamudd
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bajamudd »

The center support does fall lower. It is designed that way, if you look at the pictures it appears the two side supports go up to the sway bar mounts where you have to detach the sway bar and put the bar between the bar and the mount. The middle support goes to a lower mounting point just behind the oil pan. I didn't receive any hardware either so I am guessing we don't need it.
Gr3en
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Gr3en »

Good morning!
There is no hardware needed to mount this up. Side supports go behind sway bar and center goes to mount behind oil pan. Re-use your stock hardware and your good to go!
Post up some pics of the finished products. We are eager to see them!
Skemcin
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Skemcin »

Hi all,

I'm just getting back from a quick trip to AZ - sorry I wasn't able to keep in touch as much as I would have liked. Everyone should have gotten an e-mail from me by now. These bars a little different from the Impreza bar that we've shipped before. The Impreza bar is looped in the front while the Baja bar does not loop - its left and right side terminate with the end of a bar - not a loop. So I suspect that is where the box got beat up a little.

I really appreciate ALL your feedback, please send/post pictures of your box and your bar - all information is helpful. We are sending the hardware required but not included in your box (as my e-mail explains). Again, I do sincerely apologize for the situation. We've already made changes in our process to rectify the issues we've encountered.

Thank you for your patience.
Skemcin
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Skemcin »

das_fool wrote:Thought it'd have mounting hardware?? I unwrapped it very carefully to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Also, at first glance, it looks like the center support falls about 4 inches below where it mounts to. I'm not a mechanical genius, and will take another look at it again this morning. I may be missing something, but when I line it up with the front mounting holes (kinda hard to miss those) the bar is very close to the bumper. I'm concerned about the fit, but like I said, it was late and the lighting was poor when I tried to fit it.

BTW, the bar looks great! (now if only I could figure out how to mount it :lol: )
Once the front spacers are received, it will level out (teeter) the center mount into position. As soon as we get you the hardware, please let me know if you find any other fitment issues.
Skemcin
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Skemcin »

## UPDATE ##

We will have all the hardware in by late Friday morning. I am not sure if we will be able to turn it around and get it out the door the same day but we will work to get that done. Worst case scenario, the hardware packets will be shipped Saturday. Again, I do apologize for the issue with your hardware packets and I sincerely appreciate your patience as we work through this.

Thank you for the those who have sent pictures of the boxes - it has already helped a great deal with how we will pack these in the future.

Thank you again and I'll be updating you more as information is available.
Buck Rogers
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Buck Rogers »

Personally , IMHO, I think you have done a great job keeping us all up to date, the bars look great, and I anticipate that the fitment will be fine. As a Baja owner who looks for mods and accessories from time to time, our options are very limited. So to find a vender who is willing to basically custom fabricate an accessory with limited access to a end user vehicle is quite impressive. I'm sure this was no easy task. Our trucks will certainly stand out from others in our local areas, which is one of the reasons that I bought a Baja in the first place (way to many same old same old rides out there). Keep up the good work and learn from your mistakes.

Buck
Skemcin
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Skemcin »

Buck Rogers wrote:Personally , IMHO, I think you have done a great job keeping us all up to date, the bars look great, and I anticipate that the fitment will be fine. As a Baja owner who looks for mods and accessories from time to time, our options are very limited. So to find a vender who is willing to basically custom fabricate an accessory with limited access to a end user vehicle is quite impressive. I'm sure this was no easy task. Our trucks will certainly stand out from others in our local areas, which is one of the reasons that I bought a Baja in the first place (way to many same old same old rides out there). Keep up the good work and learn from your mistakes.

Buck
Buck,

Thank you for the kind words. Business and customer communication is very important to me. I try to be as transparent as possible so there is no BS'ing around. I don't mind admitting to mistakes especially when I follow them with what I feel and hope to be is a reasonable correction. I hope to maintain that as a priority as the business grows - how ever slowly that may be. I will always be appreciative of my customers and will always do what I can to make them (you) happy. I know these small niche markets aren't necessarily the "best" place to start a business.

But that term "best" is rather subjective. Doing this on the side of my full time occupation makes it perfect - not too much volume to drive me crazy but just enough (the jury is still out) to squeak a profit. Building a strong relationship with a small niche is more befitting my personality than pushing product out to a herd of people who would never known or recognized by the company.

Anyway, thanks for the post - I do appreciate it and I appreciate everyone's support. We will continue to fill the void int eh Baja world - we have already started by selling our first set of Gorilla Mud Flaps to RoverLander just last night. He should have them on his door step in a couple days. We have confirmed the design fits all Legacy cars from 04 to 09 so we anticipate the fitment should go well for the Baja. Keep your fingers crossed with me as it would be one more product we hope several folks here will enjoy.

Talk to you soon.