Multi-Purpose Light/Brush Bar w/optional Skid Plate & Winch

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

RoverLander
Scoobytruck Contributer

Re: Multi-Purpose Light/Brush Bar w/optional Skid Plate & Wi

Post by RoverLander »

I have a new unmounted Superwinch UTV4000 availble. I bought it because the price was so good and I didn't want to wait. :oops: I live on the ocean and have decided rather than watch the winch become rusty and more than likley unuseable and in need of replacement by next year why not slow the process down by spending a little more for the synthetic Terra 45 :?:

So pm me your offer. If you can wait a few days for it to get to you I'll even cover shipping :wink:

RoverLander

P.S. Hey Skemcin, Do you know which winch mount kit one needs for the Terra 45? http://superwinch.com/products/productd ... .0.0?pp=12& Unlike the UTV4000 it seems not to be included?
Skemcin
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Skemcin »

RoverLander wrote:...
P.S. Hey Skemcin, Do you know which winch mount kit one needs for the Terra 45? http://superwinch.com/products/productd ... .0.0?pp=12& Unlike the UTV4000 it seems not to be included?
You won't need the mounting plate that came with winch. The winch mounts directly to the bar. As long as the winch comes with the solenoid switchers cables etc you should ok.

Sent from my iPod
Skemcin
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Skemcin »

FYI - In an effort to be as open and transparent as possible - we learned today that steven765's bar was delivered but the box and the bar were pretty beat up. He wisely refused to accept delivery accordingly but also because there was no winch - as it was something he paid for and was expecting to receive. Although we have figured out and taking care of the winch issue, we are still working with FedEx to work out what we are doing with the bar.

I feel it is important to share this with all of you as each one of you has been very supportive of us as we work through getting this company off the ground. I know our product is top notch and your initial feedback is evidence to that, we just have a few other things to learn and work out. So, thank you, again, for all the support. We take pride in what we are doing and hope to resolve the couple of issues we've encountered as soon as we possibly can.

Sincerely,
Gorilla Offroad Company
steven765
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by steven765 »

Yea they've been great about helping me out in all this!
As for Fedex: eat a bag of dicks.
steven765
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by steven765 »

Heh superwinch sells a galvanized cable to help prevent rust, grr why isn't that standard .03c more?

http://www.superwinch.com/products/prod ... .0.0?pp=12&
steven765
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by steven765 »

So now that we have winches, who wants to get together and play off road with their baja? Jeep folks don't like to be limited by us.
baja_gernaut
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by baja_gernaut »

steven765 wrote:So now that we have winches, who wants to get together and play off road with their baja? Jeep folks don't like to be limited by us.
Hey if you a bit closer, but noooooooooooo, you live like 20k miles away [smilie=boggl3y3dummy-ani.gif] :lol:
Buck Rogers
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Buck Rogers »

Yeah it's to bad were all so far apart, I have a great muddy spot out back, with the recent 3 + inches of rain, guarantied to get stuck in and have to use the winch. Lots of trees to hook to also. After I get the winch wired up, I have to try this and post pictures of the fun :lol:

Buck
Skemcin
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Skemcin »

Buck Rogers wrote:Yeah it's to bad were all so far apart, I have a great muddy spot out back, with the recent 3 + inches of rain, guarantied to get stuck in and have to use the winch. Lots of trees to hook to also. After I get the winch wired up, I have to try this and post pictures of the fun :lol:

Buck
Sweet - yeah wish I was surely much closer as I am still looking for an excuse to use the winch.

I've pointed this reference out before - there is a lot of good information for all those who have gotten a winch - I HIGHLY recommend going through these documents and reading them - at least scan them over. I suspect you will learn something - and its all in the name of safety.
:D

re: Superwinch Documentation
bajamudd
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bajamudd »

I would love to round a bunch of guys up and go off roading in our baja's, but it is like everyone else has pointed out we are all so spaced out from eachother. I live in central PA just outside of state college and there are not many places to go offroaing here!
Skemcin
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Skemcin »

Now taking ordered for production run to deliver at the end of August
[read more]
Skemcin
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Skemcin »

3rd Quarter Build Calendar posted:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2147
Skemcin
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Skemcin »

Skemcin wrote:Now taking ordered for production run to deliver at the end of August
[read more]
Skemcin wrote:3rd Quarter Build Calendar posted:
BUMP
Skemcin
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Skemcin »

Skemcin wrote:Now taking ordered for production run to deliver at the end of August
[read more]
Skemcin wrote:3rd Quarter Build Calendar posted:
Monday BUMP!
PenguinSub
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by PenguinSub »

Oh man, a Baja company, awesome!

Would you be willing to make skid plates for people who already have a different brush bar/bumper? Or other baja related custom work?