Scoobytruck Master

We got the Lights!!!!

Post by yellowblaze »

Image<br><br>They aren't wired yet, but they're mounted!!! *happy dance*
bajabob
Scoobytruck Master

Re: We got the Lights!!!!

Post by bajabob »

Cool-  the sport light setup looks good - let us know how the wiring goes. always wondered do they go on one of the crossbars or do they come with one of thier own?<br><br>Bob - waiting for some lights of my own.<br>
cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cliffhanger »

yeah, alright, those look nice ;D just wondering how bright they actually are (like a candlepower spec) b/c i want a set, but want them to be madd blinding!! :o
'05 Baja-T M/T white/silver
370 awhp
yellowblaze
Scoobytruck Master

Post by yellowblaze »

They attach to one of the existing bars.  Anyone installing these-I have a suggestion.  Don't do as they say and leave the bar on the truck-take it off, then install the lights, then install the bar & lights back on the truck!<br><br>
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Looks great!  I too just received my Sport Activity Lights this week.  Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to install them for a month.  Any words of wisdom would be great, especially whether or not you found the wiring difficult.
jaxed
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Post by jaxed »

[quote author=yellowblaze link=board=gen;num=1108691441;start=0#0 date=02/17/05 at 20:50:41][/img]<br><br>They aren't wired yet, but they're mounted!!! *happy dance*[/quote]<br><br>Any chance you can get me a closeup shot of the lights mounted to the bar?  I want to throw on some KC lights I found, but would like an idea on how to get them to  mount to the bar.  Seems like I need to fabricate a bracket myself to use the KCs.  I am interested to see how exactly the Subaru Sport lights attach...  <br>
Baja_Turbo

Post by Baja_Turbo »

I mounted mine the same way that YELLOWBLAZE did,its easier to do off the vehicle leave them alittle loose for aiming after you install the bar onto the roof.When installing the roof harness,the instructions have you taking alot of plastic off.I did'nt want to strip mine down like that,so i done it another way.I pulled the 3rd brake light out,once its out you'll see the plug to the right,thats where the roof harness plugs into.Pop out the square roof plugs in the brake light housing and remove the screws.Take the small end of the roof harness and guide it through the opening under the panel to the pass side corner next to the roof rail,after you trim the weather strip.You will need to do some prying up on the panel to get the harness through,so be careful.I found it to be easier and faster than going by the insruuctions for installing the roof harness.Good luck
Baja_Turbo

Post by Baja_Turbo »

[quote author=jaXed link=board=gen;num=1108691441;start=0#5 date=02/17/05 at 23:55:30]<br><br>Any chance you can get me a closeup shot of the lights mounted to the bar?  I want to throw on some KC lights I found, but would like an idea on how to get them to  mount to the bar.  Seems like I need to fabricate a bracket myself to use the KCs.  I am interested to see how exactly the Subaru Sport lights attach...  <br>[/quote]<br><br><br><br>There attached with a pinch type bracket,the brackets are 2 piece one end locks together and the bracket wraps around the bar and the other end bolts together.Then the light is bolted to the top of the bracket with 2 bolts.Hope this helps.
Baja_Turbo

Post by Baja_Turbo »

[quote author=cliffhanger link=board=gen;num=1108691441;start=0#2 date=02/17/05 at 21:13:54]yeah, alright, those look nice ;D just wondering how bright they actually are (like a candlepower spec) b/c i want a set, but want them to be madd blinding!! :o[/quote]<br><br><br><br>I think they use H3 bulbs at 55 watts,im planning on switching to 100 watts.I like to use mine on the people that cut me off or pull out in front me,they do get there attention :o
yellowblaze
Scoobytruck Master

Post by yellowblaze »

[quote author=jaXed link=board=gen;num=1108691441;start=0#5 date=02/17/05 at 23:55:30]<br><br>Any chance you can get me a closeup shot of the lights mounted to the bar?  I want to throw on some KC lights I found, but would like an idea on how to get them to  mount to the bar.  Seems like I need to fabricate a bracket myself to use the KCs.  I am interested to see how exactly the Subaru Sport lights attach...  <br>[/quote]<br><br><br>I'll try to get a shot tomorrow...gonna take the bar off anyway to run it through the car wash!
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

Hey Yellowblaze, looks VERY nice. Was that the set you bought on e-bay?? Makes the little critter look a little tougher than stock. I like it, may have to find/make a set for mine.   Mike
Even though I work on Dodges, I don't own one.
yellowblaze
Scoobytruck Master

Post by yellowblaze »

[quote author=jaXed link=board=gen;num=1108691441;start=0#5 date=02/17/05 at 23:55:30]<br><br>Any chance you can get me a closeup shot of the lights mounted to the bar?  I want to throw on some KC lights I found, but would like an idea on how to get them to  mount to the bar.  Seems like I need to fabricate a bracket myself to use the KCs.  I am interested to see how exactly the Subaru Sport lights attach...  <br>[/quote]<br><br>front:<br>Image<br><br>and back:<br><br>Image
yellowblaze
Scoobytruck Master

Post by yellowblaze »

[quote author=mbaksic link=board=gen;num=1108691441;start=0#10 date=02/19/05 at 21:04:36]Hey Yellowblaze, looks VERY nice. Was that the set you bought on e-bay?? Makes the little critter look a little tougher than stock. I like it, may have to find/make a set for mine.   Mike[/quote]<br><br><br>Thanks!! Yup, sure is-it's the whole kit, got it from a subie dealer, they list stuff all the time 40-50% off on ebay....
bajabob
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bajabob »

I didn't realize that the lights were made by Hella for Subaru. They should work really well then. What pattern are they ie fog,driving ?<br><br>Bob
jaxed
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Post by jaxed »

yellowblaze: thanks...  I notice that the Sport Lights arte going for $169 (?) on eBay - so I may just go with those...