Help with rear view mirror

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

orgdoctor
Scoobytruck Lurker

Help with rear view mirror

Post by orgdoctor »

I need to unsnap the electrical connector on the back side of the auto-dimming rearview mirror in my 2005 Baja in order to splice my radar detector power into it. I can't get it in a position to see how to do this. Can anyone give me some guidance on this? Thanks in advance.
Denver_guy
Scoobytruck Lurker

Re: Help with rear view mirror

Post by Denver_guy »

hmmm... I know that little thing that covers the wire is just 'stretched' between the headliner and base of the window mount. think of an extension ladder sliding along itself to get shorter.

does that help?
orgdoctor
Scoobytruck Lurker

Re: Help with rear view mirror

Post by orgdoctor »

Thanks for your reply. The wire to the mirror comes down through a tube that connects the headliner to the rearview mirror bracket. It comes out the bottom of that tube and then runs along the short connector column to a plastic clip type connector that plugs into the back of the mirror. It is that connector that I need help in figuring how to disconnect so I can splice the radar power wire into it. It looks like it might have a slot in the top into which a flat head screwdriver can be inserted, but I don't know what to do to get it to release the clip.