Misfire in the 2nd chamber

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

eblanks
Scoobytruck Contributer

Misfire in the 2nd chamber

Post by eblanks »

Hi Cool Truck Team,

I have owned this cool truck for about a week. I though I would do come maintaince since it have 100k miles on it. I changed the timing belt / the water pump / the spark plugs & the O2 sensor. Now the service dealer at Grand Subrau says that the check engine light comes on (It didn't before since I bought it) becasue of a mis-fire in the 2nd chamber. Anybody have any ideas what this could be and how I can repair it? they checked everything from the ignition coils to the compression rates and everything looks good. They say the engine is running a little ruff but it should be ok.

Please Give Me Some Inpartial Input,

Elihu
gifters
Scoobytruck Contributer

Re: Misfire in the 2nd chamber

Post by gifters »

Could be a bad fuel injector, thats the only time my 1990 Legacy miss-fired, you could feel it miss fire as well at idle but at speed the problem seemed to go away
eblanks
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by eblanks »

Hi,

Yea the dealership exchanged one injector for the other one and they said it runs better now. One tech is taking it home tonight to be sure his work is done and I'll get it tomorrow. How do you clean an injector?

Thank You So Much I Boughht The Right Vehicle (Car/Truck :))

eblanks
gifters
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by gifters »

Um you can buy additives, the only one that has ever been recommended by a dealership is BG http://www.bgprod.com/products/fuelair.html Otherwise most the time they had to be replaced. I've had to replace 3 fuel injectors on the Legacy only the #1 and #3 cylinders though, I thought that was kinda weird... the first time it was at the dealership for repair the #3 was bad and then while they had it #1 went bad and lets just say my car got a little hot, but I drove it for 4 more years after that.
eblanks
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by eblanks »

Thank you,

How much did the injectors cost?

eblanks
gifters
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by gifters »

It was a few years ago, I don't remember how much they cost and prices have changed, how much did they charge you?
eblanks
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by eblanks »

The truck works well now and the injector cost me around $200 but my dealership (Grand Subrau) was very helpful.

Thanks for the postings,

eblanks