VSS wire?

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

PlaidPineapple
Scoobytruck Lurker

VSS wire?

Post by PlaidPineapple »

Does anyone know where the VSS (vehicle speed sensor) wire might be or what color it should be?
The stereo I'm putting in wants this hooked up for some reason I can't understand.
I'v got an 04 turbo but I imagine other years might be the same.
YBajaSteve
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Re: VSS wire?

Post by YBajaSteve »

PlaidPineapple wrote:Does anyone know where the VSS (vehicle speed sensor) wire might be or what color it should be?
The stereo I'm putting in wants this hooked up for some reason I can't understand.

It must be the type of Stereo that you can set to get louder as the vehicle picks up speed and the road noise gets louder, Ive driven a few vehicles with that option on the stereo, and i actually found it kind of annoying, it always seemed to get too quiet when Id come to a stop at like an intersection or something. I guess it would be nice in the Baja tho since the wind noise (at speed) isnt the greatest. I dont know what/why the baja would have one stock, since they dont use anything like that in the stock stereo (that i know of). Im sure it can be done somehow tho! Good luck and keep us posted.
Check out more pics!<<<<<< Cardomain Page. *******SOLD THE BAJA*********** But im still around, PM me if urgent!
twheats1
Scoobytruck Contributer

Re: VSS wire?

Post by twheats1 »

PlaidPineapple wrote:Does anyone know where the VSS (vehicle speed sensor) wire might be or what color it should be?
I don't know the wire color, but if it is a 5mt the VSS is located on the exterior right side of the transaxle. If it is an automatic, there are 2 sensors. The connectors are located under the valve body inside the trans. Sorry, I don't have the wiring diagrams for these.