Baja "Towd"

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

Buddy1995
Scoobytruck Lurker

Baja "Towd"

Post by Buddy1995 »

If I remove the All Wheel Drive Fuse, can I tow my automatic transmission Baja behind my Class C RV - with all four wheels on the ground or tow dolly?
SCF
Scoobytruck Contributer

Re: Baja "Towd"

Post by SCF »

Automatic All-Wheel Drive vehicles cannot be towed with any wheels on the ground.
bulwnkl
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bulwnkl »

SCF wrote:Automatic All-Wheel Drive vehicles cannot be towed with any wheels on the ground.
bajablacksheep
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by bajablacksheep »

What about manual trans.?
I'd hate to see any of my vehicles towed. Just doesn't seem like a nice thing to do to any car.
Sabber
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Sabber »

from the haynes manual: The vehicle can be towed with all four wheels on the ground as long as speeds do not exceed 20 mph and the distance is not over 6 miles.
While towing, the parking brake should be fully released and the transaxle should be in nuetral. The steering must be unlocked (ignition switch in the off position). Remember that power steering and power brakes will not work with the engine off and never use the tiedown tabs to tow another vehicle.
bajablacksheep
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by bajablacksheep »

It amazes me when I see the people with RV's dragging a car all over the country. I wonder how many are broken by the first stop and then they are forced to keep dragging it everywhere for the rest of the trip. :lol: