Two little problems, not really mechanical, just annoyances.

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

gappvembe
Scoobytruck Lurker

Two little problems, not really mechanical, just annoyances.

Post by gappvembe »

The first is my drivers side door. The bottom keeps popping out, what's worse is the rubber trim now sags and I have to shut it in the door (yet it never shows it's sticking out when the door is shut.). I lock my door and then shut it, well it makes it harder to shut and sometimes I don't shut it hard enough. So I need to figure out what keeps the door from popping out at the bottom. Also there seems to have been some kind of adhesive that glued the plastic of the door to the rubber. Any suggestions on what would be good to use would be much appreciated. [smilie=cheeky-grin.gif]

The other thing, is I hear a loud wind noise when driving. I turn on my windshield wipers and it doesn't go away. It sounds like it's coming from the passenger side. I roll down the window and you can still hear it. I wonder now if it is the windshield somewhere on the passenger side. Anyone ever have this problem? [smilie=confuzzled.gif]
YBajaSteve
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Re: Two little problems, not really mechanical, just annoyances.

Post by YBajaSteve »

I cant give you any advice on the first problem, but the second problem is the notorious BAJA WIND NOISE, we all pretty much have this noise unless its like an 06 with no miles on it. its brought up all the time, Ive heard people try to fix it but it always comes back, its something about the way the windows/doors dont have the upper frame around the window, so the seal is only made by the windows themselves, a quick fix that seems to make it a lil better is rolling the windows all the way up while the door is open, and then closing the door. as long as you dont roll down the windows after that, it seems like the seal is better and it doesnt make as much noise. this works for like trips and such when its hot out and you know youll be only using the A/C. Im sure everyone else will agree with me, its annoying and there aint much we Baja owners can do. If you search around a little bit you should be able to find more on that subject tho!

8)
Check out more pics!<<<<<< Cardomain Page. *******SOLD THE BAJA*********** But im still around, PM me if urgent!
gappvembe
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by gappvembe »

Thank you, glad to know it's not just me.
moonzie
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by moonzie »

You know, for as many people as I've heard that have this problem, I've never had an issue with it. Now it's noisier with the lights on top - but that's to be expected. I'd imagine that there's something you might be able to do with the rubber gasket seal on the inside of the door that could re-condition it perhaps.

Last summer I dynamatted my entire interior and it made a big difference in road noise! The biggest gains came from dynamatting the doors. I'd suggest getting a bulk pack from amazon - that seems to be the cheapest place to get it. I had maybe one or two of the 9 sheets left after I did all my doors.