03 spring Upgrade to 05 springs

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

YBajaSteve
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

03 spring Upgrade to 05 springs

Post by YBajaSteve »

would #17 be all i need to buy to get that small lift they added to the later models? this is the front assy. The schematic is a lil different for the back.
Check out more pics!<<<<<< Cardomain Page. *******SOLD THE BAJA*********** But im still around, PM me if urgent!
the slug
Scoobytruck Contributer

Re: 03 spring Upgrade to 05 springs

Post by the slug »

Is # 16 different in order to accommodate the longer spring?

I haven't done any checking, but have been interested in going this route too.
Scoobytruck Master

Post by speedymatt »

from what i understand the spring length is the only difference but thats just what i here.

another route is that rallitek sells rear springs meant for the outback that are a higher spring rate. no lift (well assuming the 04+ outback rides the same as the 03, if it is higher you would need the front 04+ baja springs and the rear ralliteks), but greater load capacity.

sorry i really didn't add anything just more speculation :?: :o
gifters
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by gifters »

Has anyone replaced the rear springs themselves? I'm really considering the rallitek spring upgrade but I wouldn't know where to start.
sfeather11
Scoobytruck Master

Post by sfeather11 »

Hey there,
I broke a spring plate weld on my RR strut the other day on my '03, so I decided to upgrade the struts & springs to the '04/05. According to the part #s in the parts manual (see the library on this site), the springs in the front are the only thing different from 03 to 04/05. The struts & all other part numbers are the same. In the rear however it is just the opposite. The springs are the same 03-05, while the strut has a different part number. I finished installing the rear struts this weekend, and it is just under an inch taller. When I compared the old strut vs new, the new was an inch longer. It made it a little harder to install, but nothing my jack couldn't help with. I have one new spring for the front, waiting for the 2nd new one to come in, and will probably swap the fronts next weekend...