heated seats in 2005 baja

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

wetdawg
Scoobytruck Lurker

heated seats in 2005 baja

Post by wetdawg »

I would love to get some heated seats in my baja. When I bought it used, I noticed few Bajas with heated seats. Are they there just not hooked up and need the switch, or can they be added, or would I have to find new seats?
Evanism
Scoobytruck Contributer

Re: heated seats in 2005 baja

Post by Evanism »

For my '05 non-turbo, I had the wiring for the power seat (driver's) but not the heaters. After looking at the wiring diagrams, I got a used front harness and heated seat switch from an outback, heated seats from another outback and a stock Baja interior from a guy who reupholstered some in Leather. I've stripped-down the harness to what I need to splice into mine and am swapping the covers on the seats. I know I'll need another relay and fuse but it should all fit into the existing slots under the dash. I'm well into the time of year where I need them but will update as I get farther. Alternately, I think you can buy the correct harness for the Baja with heated seats, but it might have stuff like the windshield heater and climate control stuff...not sure about that.
2005 Baja Sport, Regal Blue Pearl
traded-in 2004 Legacy 35th
Slight mods:
Heated mirrors
Heated seats
Horn upgrade
Speaker upgrade
OzzBros bed cover
Autodim mirror
Bluetooth stereo
Factory tweeters
Turbo Headlights