Upgrading to all LEDs, got a question.

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

njswampbuggy
Scoobytruck Contributer

Upgrading to all LEDs, got a question.

Post by njswampbuggy »

Hey all. Every once in a while I get a bug up my butt and decided I have to do something. This month it's converting all the secondary lighting (to me all but headlights and fogs) over to LEDs. It has gone great except for the front turn signals/parking lights. I can't get the signal bulbs to work, even tho the parking/signal bulbs work. Have tried load adder thingys on just the signal bulbs, just the park/signal bulbs and both. Nada. The signals work fairly normal with LEDs in the park/signal socket and a normal bulb in the turn socket. Am I missing something obvious or are these vehicles hard to adapt to LED tech. I'm an old fart trying to keep up on new tech and this stuff frustrates to *&*^&*^ out of me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
.....Somewhere in the swamps of Jersey....
WillGT
Scoobytruck Contributer

Re: Upgrading to all LEDs, got a question.

Post by WillGT »

not sure exactly, but with the turn signals did you change out the flasher? Most flashers operate for a set wattage of bulb and only work at that wattage. When you lower that like with LEDs they will either not work or cause the lights to flash real quick, like when a bulb goes out.